What's new

Saying & Writing THANK YOU out of vogue

Today I am ashamed of my arrogance and stupidity back then.
I do not know why I was so terrible about writing thank you notes when I was younger, but I was and that was despite my Mother's really getting on me to do it. I too am ashamed of my stupidity back then.

I think our experience has been pretty good about getting thank you notes. Certainly my daughters-in-law are better than we ever were, and my wife was really pretty good about it. I am good about it now, because I know that to provide a nice written thank you note makes most receivers of one very happy. And I am happy to do that!

Recently had two Step Grandsons marry, Grandma gave both Checks, that were never acknowledges. Un-greats had no problem cashing checks but never sent thank you.
I could hear Paul Lynde singing "Kids," from Bye Bye Birdie in the background as I read this. It's as true now as when it was written, and the younger generation doesn't even try to pretend it isn't.

Well I am old my mother made me write a Thank You Note for anything I received from relatives that did not live where we lived. Saying Thank You to anyone who gave me anything was second nature. I still do this today, and some time I forget, or forgot I said tank you. Did that the other day to guy who comes to Cigar Shop I frequent. He gave me a shot of really good Scotch. I say him again this week, and said not sure I thank you for the shot of Scotch, but if I forgot I am saying now. He laughed at me say you always say thank you.

Even if I in a store like Wal-Mart asking a staff member where is an item I looking for, they tell me its in a location, I say thank you, costs me nothing, but might make them feel some one appreciated them.

Top Bottom