What's new

Safety Razor of the Month, June 2016 - The Gillette Tech

I am not getting along with my newly acquired English flat bottom Tech :sad: Two shaves in with a Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow and I'm getting nicks and irritation on my neck. Will need to try with a different blade and try that blade in a different razor.
with the guys above, I use polsilver SI in both my Techs and get great results, both are not so keen with 7 o clocks (green in my case)

Tech it out! Here's my line up of tech's. the English r.f.b would be up there as a favorite but they are all great shavers in their own way. $image.jpg

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 106
The British flat bottom tech is one of my favorite Techs and it has a reputation as a good shaver .Not sure of how long a run it was produced but they did make models with a lot of different handles .Here is are the few representatives of this fine razor I have in my possession and I'm sure there are more that I'm not familiar with.$EFB1.jpg

Top left I believe is a British Tech Set #26 a 4 piece razor,the shipper is worst for wear , the brown bakelite holder has slots on the top and a razor blade fits in .Could have been a built in blade bank?

Top right an Australian Tech Set #77 or a 1946 Brit thick handle model, I can't tell the difference from the Mr razor site. I think this may be the same Bakelite box the #77 RFB came in.

Bottom left a shallow brown bakelite box with a Service style handle

The two uncased ones in the lower center are variations on the Service handle .The one on the right has an open bottom handle

Bottom right : Thin handle Tech in one of my favorite Gillette cases, the faux alligator .

$EFB.jpg

A different view of the handles

Glenn

The British flat bottom tech is one of my favorite Techs and it has a reputation as a good shaver .Not sure of how long a run it was produced but they did make models with a lot of different handles .Here is are the few representatives of this fine razor I have in my possession and I'm sure there are more that I'm not familiar with.View attachment 667465

Top left I believe is a British Tech Set #26 a 4 piece razor,the shipper is worst for wear , the brown bakelite holder has slots on the top and a razor blade fits in .Could have been a built in blade bank?

Top right an Australian Tech Set #77 or a 1946 Brit thick handle model, I can't tell the difference from the Mr razor site. I think this may be the same Bakelite box the #77 RFB came in.

The two uncased ones in the lower center are variations on the Service handle .The one on the right has an open bottom handle

Bottom right : Thin handle Tech in one of my favorite Gillette cases, the faux alligator .

View attachment 667468

Glenn

I love that one on the top left. I believe they called it the bathroom set, or something like that? And yes I love my British Flat Bottom Techs - almost as much as I love my Gillette Tech/NEW Hybrid!
:001_rolle

The British flat bottom tech is one of my favorite Techs and it has a reputation as a good shaver .Not sure of how long a run it was produced but they did make models with a lot of different handles .Here is are the few representatives of this fine razor I have in my possession and I'm sure there are more that I'm not familiar with.View attachment 667465

View attachment 667468

Glenn

Glenn, very nice collection! And nicely displayed too.

[MENTION=108511]Dan x[/MENTION] Very nice Tech collection, thanks for sharing!
[MENTION=90500]Hobgoblin[/MENTION] Some unusual models/handles, really nice! Especially that #26 with the bakelite holder, you don't see those very often. :thumbup1:

Sorry, [MENTION=98310]mr_eleven[/MENTION] , I was really busy this last week with my daughters youth group and wasn't able to thank you for the blades. I can't wait to try out the Polisilvers and the Feathers was a nice bonus.....but the mints didn't stand a chance against a metal mail box and 115 degree Las Vegas heat. At least now when I get my mail, it smells nice and minty in there, so thanks for that.

Sorry, @mr_eleven , I was really busy this last week with my daughters youth group and wasn't able to thank you for the blades. I can't wait to try out the Polisilvers and the Feathers was a nice bonus.....but the mints didn't stand a chance against a metal mail box and 115 degree Las Vegas heat. At least now when I get my mail, it smells nice and minty in there, so thanks for that.

Two of my preferred blades... Enjoy!

Top Bottom