What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

1000017543.jpg

WR2 1.05 SB.

This week was good to me. I got the Yates 921-M (I put the Merica handle on rather than the 4” that came with the 921). I also got the Blackbird Lite and 100 Nacets. I took photos of all around the Nacet box. They must be from the Middle East based on the wording printed on the box but as long as they shave like the Nacet sample I got I’ll be psyched!IMG_4166.jpegIMG_4144.jpegIMG_4438.jpegIMG_4433.jpegIMG_4435.jpegIMG_4434.jpegIMG_4436.jpeg

Bought this replated postwar here from another member. Really just hate the etch cap or gold that most are and this was posted. First upside, it’s rhodium, no question, and seems like whoever plated it rhodium made sure it would stand out (I suspect it’s a razor emporium replate, which may not be a bad thing). Not sure if this was the best initial subject but it’s obvious where the hard to Polish areas that were polished stand out and the plating it notably thicker, which for preserving fine details in collector razors may not be the best thing.

I wanted a great looking postwar and got it though!
IMG_5210.jpeg

then compared to a known rhodium replate and a nickel replate. A little hard to tell but it has that white.
IMG_5209.jpeg

Top Bottom