What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

You said there's no numbers. No patent numbers, no serial numbers ... nada. Is that correct, Juan Manuel?

Nada de nada, Edgar.:001_smile

From 1921 on the US OTs were sold without serial numbers, and it could have been the same in Canada... except this is not a ball end handle:blink:

Last edited:
Nada de nada.:001_smile

From 1921 the US OTs were sold without serial numbers, and it could have been the same in Canada... except this is not a ball end handle:blink:

In the US they also made Single Rings without serial numbers in the '20s, not only ball end Old Types. Everybody seems to agree that the same happened in Montreal.

If your razor doesn't have a serial number, nor the PAT Mar7 05 on the handle, it was made in the '20s methinks. :thumbup1:

In the US they also made Single Rings without serial numbers in the '20s, not only ball end Old Types. Everybody seems to agree that the same happened in Montreal.

If your razor doesn't have a serial number, nor the PAT Mar7 05 on the handle, it was made in the '20s methinks. :thumbup1:

Thanks, Edgar! I didn't know they made SRs in the 1920s as well... Now I do!

Thanks, Edgar! I didn't know they made SRs in the 1920s as well... Now I do!

Yup ... same thick head as the ball end

proxy.php

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
And lo it has arrived! I think I'm going to love this one! Great heft and balance!
The wrong case...
proxy.php

proxy.php

It does have the required "Gillette crack" but I'm ok with that...
proxy.php

... Because it has perfect toofs :laugh: and what I assume is a low-ish serial #
proxy.php

Won this lot in an auction. No real info given but I can see 3 Superspeeds, 1 Fatboy, 1 Slim Adjustable, 1 Senator(?), and some single edge razors. Filthy as all get out but I'm hoping they clean up!

$DSC_0145.jpg

And lo it has arrived! I think I'm going to love this one! Great heft and balance!
The wrong case...
proxy.php

proxy.php

It does have the required "Gillette crack" but I'm ok with that...
proxy.php

... Because it has perfect toofs :laugh: and what I assume is a low-ish serial #
proxy.php

Very nice De Luxe! Congrats!:thumbup1:

Super efficient shavers!

From the wiki, referring to 1930

"In this year only De Luxe models were numbered, starting with 1-D, and often the final D was omitted."

http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/US_Gillette_Dating_Information

Top Bottom