What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

Tonich stop breaking into my house and stealing my stuff!!! Wait...Wait and minute, mine are still here, whew! Sorry... heheh...

Great job Alan! How did you clean the case, I have one similar that I have not taken to far yet.
Hello Rod, first I scrubbed the case with hot water and Dawn dish detergent while I held the case tightly closed. I used an old toothbrush to do the scrubbing with. Once I rinsed and dried the case I slathered it with Mothers Mag and Aluminum polish. I worked in the polish with my fingers with circular motions. I then left it set with the polish on it for five or so minutes. Then I wiped off the polish residue. I repeated this process twice. It took awhile. I hope this input helps. Good luck Roderick.

Hello Rod, first I scrubbed the case with hot water and Dawn dish detergent while I held the case tightly closed. I used an old toothbrush to do the scrubbing with. Once I rinsed and dried the case I slathered it with Mothers Mag and Aluminum polish. I worked in the polish with my fingers with circular motions. I then left it set with the polish on it for five or so minutes. Then I wiped off the polish residue. I repeated this process twice. It took awhile. I hope this input helps. Good luck Roderick.
Thanks Alan. I will give it a try.

Reading that gives me chill bumps.

Look what the mail man brought in! And I don't even like gold tone razors. Now Ill have to throw them out. :facep:
It's high time to change the postman, eh!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php
Wow Andon, just Wow!!! Congratulations, those look great!!!

On a more serious note both of the razors were bought outside of E*ay. One was posted in an online forum (not here) the other is from a local guy I met. It was just luck of mine... somehow I tend to find razors. Sometimes...

Found a lot of info thanks. Looks like mine was made in England for the French market. Still not sure on the date range but I guess it is about the same time as the 460B set 1910 or so. There is a chart a couple years old one of the members made regarding the British sets and serial numbers like mine. I wonder if it has been updated?

You're welcome.

No idea about that update, sorry.

I prefer the silver tone razors as well, but that is a super nice Criterion and Aristocrat! Congrats :thumbup1:

I have a Criterion on the way as well :001_smile On the online ad it looks like it might have a blade left in it which hopefully hasn't rusted. I'll post a pic when it arrives.

I prefer the silver tone razors as well, but that is a super nice Criterion and Aristocrat! Congrats :thumbup1:

I have a Criterion on the way as well :001_smile On the online ad it looks like it might have a blade left in it which hopefully hasn't rusted. I'll post a pic when it arrives.

Let's hope it hasn't!

Waiting for pics!!

That's a very nice Tech set (speaking of Techs), Hubbabub!
Thanks for sharing!

----
Juan Manuel, I'll place those in the garbage bin with disgrace...

Top Bottom