What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

My wife and I are on a road trip, from the Denver area to Oshkosh, Wisconsin, home to the world's largest civilian airshow dedicated to Experimental (homebuilt) aircraft, warbirds (military) restoration, rotary (helicopters) aircraft, and light aircraft. I think they claim 1mio people attend during the week-long event.

Anyway.... we have taken several opportunities to hunt along the way:
View attachment 588829
So far, a Rolls Razor 7 day set (missing the Rolls itself <LOL>), a short common bar handle NEW Norfolk/Tuckaway, a common bar handle NEW in a 1905ish Double Ring case, a common bar handle NEW Deluxe in the Red & Black set, a cased Gold Slim (can't bring myself to call them Aristocrats <grrrrrr>), 2 Slims @$22 the pair, an Adoration brush, Rubberset 400, and a Rubberset 200-5. The last acquisition today, and probably the best score, is a 1920 Old Type (S/N M247xxx) with a Bulldog handle that cost me the princely sum of $5!

I'm almost positive that Rubberset 400 is going to put you over-weight for your return trip....send it to me and your journey will be much more comfortable. :001_rolle

My wife and I are on a road trip, from the Denver area to Oshkosh, Wisconsin, home to the world's largest civilian airshow dedicated to Experimental (homebuilt) aircraft, warbirds (military) restoration, rotary (helicopters) aircraft, and light aircraft. I think they claim 1mio people attend during the week-long event.

View attachment 588829
So far, a Rolls Razor 7 day set (missing the Rolls itself <LOL>), a short common bar handle NEW Norfolk/Tuckaway, a common bar handle NEW in a 1905ish Double Ring case, a common bar handle NEW Deluxe in the Red & Black set, a cased Gold Slim (can't bring myself to call them Aristocrats <grrrrrr>), 2 Slims @$22 the pair, an Adoration brush, Rubberset 400, and a Rubberset 200-5. The last acquisition today, and probably the best score, is a 1920 Old Type (S/N M247xxx) with a Bulldog handle that cost me the princely sum of $5!

There's that gold slim I need for my set! I should have riding with you. Nice score!

I'm almost positive that Rubberset 400 is going to put you over-weight for your return trip....send it to me and your journey will be much more comfortable. :001_rolle

Good thing we drove <smile>

This particular 400 wasn't much of a deal - found it in a small multi-dealer "mall" and the dealer had written on the tag "lesser quality brush sold on eBay for $112 on 3/13/2014". Boy, am I glad he hadn't updated his note for the prices from earlier this year! Still cost me $85.

View attachment 588829

Dan, just wow! Congrats!:thumbup1:

I am going to cross the pond, definitely... and will skim off those antiques shops, that's for sure!!!

I picked up a New LC with the bar handle on the bay today, mislabeled as a Tech. I keep getting outbid on these at auction, so I picked this one up on a buy now. It seemed like an ok deal with free shipping. It has a fair amount of tarnish in areas, but I'm hopeful that I can polish it up pretty good with a little loving and some elbow grease. Other than the tarnish, it looks pretty good to me.

Hello men, I just want to share my most recent score with you. My max bid on this auction was only 88 cents more than the bid I won the auction with. It was pretty close. Anyway, I've been looking for one of these since I got one in a bakelite case. It's an all aluminum version with a brass(?) cap. It will be my only score for awhile since the prudent reserve got nailed with appliance and A/C repairs. Unless someone comes to me for a trade, I'm done for awhile. So here's the photo of my favorite type of Gillette Tech. They weigh in at around 30grams, and are just a few mm shorter than their US cousins. -
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437789972.223139.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437789993.022371.jpg

Have a great day men!

Hello, it was advertised as New Old Stock, and it appears unused. As far as the date is concerned, the blade that it came with was a 1963 date code, but I know from my research it was made during the early 1950's. These Techs were made in the UK. They are awesome shavers. It sports an Aluminum handle and baseplate. The cap is either Zinc/Zamac, or brass. They are the most efficient Techs I've ever used.

Hello, it was advertised as New Old Stock, and it appears unused. As far as the date is concerned, the blade that it came with was a 1963 date code, but I know from my research it was made during the early 1950's. These Techs were made in the UK. They are awesome shavers. It sports an Aluminum handle and baseplate. The cap is either Zinc/Zamac, or brass. They are the most efficient Techs I've ever used.

Great find! This set is called No 5. I´ve a french, british and german counter display. Mine are from 1955/56

$2015-07-25 07-33-11_0002.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom