What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

I checked the super adjustable that I just received as well, and sure enough, I was missing the quarter turn on that one too :lol: Haven't shaved with that one yet, so no comment on the performance, but glad someone pointed that out to me. :facep:

Thanks again guys.

A pleasure Fenris. Fortunately I came to learn about that before I used one. Just trying to give back what I learned from this awesome place.

Score!!! NOS 1972 Schick Krona! $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416079392.764306.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416079405.480117.jpg

Thanks Edgar! This is the fourth Krona I've bought. All the others except one were useless junk. The one that was good went to my brother. I've gotten him into traditional wet shaving now. I don't know if I'll use this one or not. It's nice to have an NOS razor set for a change. I usually don't get them that way.

My wife is out of town to visit her grandparent for their 50th anniversary. She decided to check out some antique shops there and she found about 20 razors, GEM's, gillette adjustables, SS, etc. She must have sent me about 20 pictures, so i can decide on which ones she should buy for me.

But the one that caught my eye was this one:

**sorry for the giant picture**

proxy.php

proxy.php

Looks like the wrong case. but the razor looks like the 1935 criterion gold de luxe.

My wife is out of town to visit her grandparent for their 50th anniversary. She decided to check out some antique shops there and she found about 20 razors, GEM's, gillette adjustables, SS, etc. She must have sent me about 20 pictures, so i can decide on which ones she should buy for me.

Looks like the wrong case. but the razor looks like the 1935 criterion gold de luxe.

Yup, the case is from a Gold Tech set. The razor is a Criterion/Belmont as you say (you can't really know which one because they made versions of both in Gold and Chrome, you'd need a case to ID the set).

Fantastic price ... tell her to grab it NOW!!! :lol:

Here's the correct razor for that case btw:

proxy.php

Last edited:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Nice razor. Wonderful wife.

Thank you Edgar, as always pure class man!

And yes, the razor will be in my hands later tonight (along with a very nice shick injector). They had about 10 adjustables, 6 slims and 4 fatboys. Decent prices, but i already have a FB, slim and black beauty. So i skipped buying them to give other fellows a try. I noticed they had about 15 GEMs, both OC's and regular. A bunch of superspeeds, blue and black, regular. I saw a few NEWs, an old type head with a tech handle. And a few others.

here's the injector:

proxy.php

Thank you Tony, she really is!

She actually encourages me to buy more razors and stuff. Even when i don't want to buy duplicates, she says to buy them anyway.

Thank you Edgar, as always pure class man!

And yes, the razor will be in my hands later tonight (along with a very nice shick injector). They had about 10 adjustables, 6 slims and 4 fatboys. Decent prices, but i already have a FB, slim and black beauty. So i skipped buying them to give other fellows a try. I noticed they had about 15 GEMs, both OC's and regular. A bunch of superspeeds, blue and black, regular. I saw a few NEWs, an old type head with a tech handle. And a few others.

here's the injector:

proxy.php
[/Q]
My Worlds Greatest Wife is amazing that way as well. She puts up with me stopping in obscure small towns to go to even obscurer dingy antique, second hand and thrift shops in search of the holy grail or any $1.00 razor, and if I do not purchase something, she will ask me if I am sure I do not want to purchase it. You are a very lucky man Sir, treat her well.

Another find in the wild yesterday, not the prettiest NEW LC but it's a work in progress:

$NEW-LC-dirty-1-RES.gif$NEW-LC-dirty-2-RES.gif

This is after the initial stage to disinfect and soak it a few times, nothing else:

$NEW-LC-clean-RES.gif

Next will be to fix the handle crack, heat up the plate in attempt to straighten the teeth, then I'll polish it up and see what we get in the end!

I have decided to lay off the purchases till the new year. now I have to wait for everything to show up. Here is today's mail delivery.
A Star and another Old Type with a cracked ball end handle. I have way to many of these.
$20141117_155351%u00255B1%5D.jpg

Top Bottom