What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

Finally found a few razors worth saving at an antique store in California. I have been searching for months and have come up empty so many times. I am not counting the travel tech I picked up back in May. I think there might be 4 of those for every person on the planet. I snagged a 40's super speed that cleaned up decent. Nice blade gap and functions perfectly. The second is a NEW. LC I believe? Picked up each for $10. Here are some before and after pics.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 117
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 118
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 117
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 116
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 117
Just received a Lord L6 that I ordered about a week ago. Surprisingly heavy and classy feeling for a cheap razor. Looking forward to the maiden voyage tomorrow.

Last one I buy this month promise! haha $13! is scrubbing bubbles safe for the blue tip?
proxy.php

I wondered that as well. I just won a fairly reasonably priced blue tip yesterday on eBay. Can't wait to get it and clean it up. Probably will use some Maas or Flitz on everything except the tip.

Just received a Lord L6 that I ordered about a week ago. Surprisingly heavy and classy feeling for a cheap razor. Looking forward to the maiden voyage tomorrow.

I got a Lord L6 not long ago myself, and I hated the light weight handle. So I found someone willing to part with a Utopia razor, and swapped the handles. I PIF'ed the Utopia head with the light Lord handle, and now I have a great 3-piece frankenrazor... A "Utopian Lord," if you will. The handle of a Utopia and the head of the Lord.

(That sounds like something out of a fantasy movie... "bring the head of the Lord to Utopia and there will be much celebration!")

Top Bottom