What's new

Rooney Finest vs. Simpson Super

I can't comment on the Rooneys, but am very pleased with the Simpson's Chubby 1. I will likely get a Chubby 2 in time.

Chris

Interesting, I have a Roony 3 large in finest and a Simpsons CH3 in super (mancurian) and I would say the Simpsons is the far superior brush.

It has a a much denser knot and much stiffer backnbone than my Rooney. I do think the Rooney finest has great hair, just like the Simpsons, the problem is they just don't pack enough in the knot.

I have actually made my Rooney my "travel brush."

I'm wondering if things have changed with the Simpsons in recent years since almost everyone would agree the Rooney is better?

Nice going on the choice. Simpson makes some really outstanding brushes. I have been looking at the T3 also. Tell us what you think in about 5 weeks. You will love it even more.

Take Care,
Richard

I have a Rooney med in finest and a Simpson CH3 in super, both older brushes and I find them very similar. Don't forget the chubby is a very densely packed brush to begin with. I think if you compare a normal simpson super to the Rooney you will find the Rooney a denser brush. I have a Plisson HMW but it isn't even close in density to the other two. Overall I prefer the Rooney but I'd be happy with any of the 3 if it came down to it.

Top Bottom