What's new

RIP Gina Lollobrigida

I think of Gina Lollobrigida as among a certain group of largely Italian strikingly beautiful, shapely, and seemingly sensual actresses. Sophia Loren, perhaps some of the Gabor sisters, GL, and maybe, but I do not think so really, Brigette Bardot. I am blanking on others of similar ilk from that time in the past. Seems like GL may have been the last one of them alive. Sad to have them all gone.

Beautiful woman. Excellent, award winning actress. Very talented photographer. Groundbreaking journalist.
She was in an elite group of Italian actresses that wowed us with their beauty and shocked us with their talent.
Sophia Loren, Anna Magnani, Claudia Cardinale, Virna Lisi, and others.
She was able to transition to another very successful career and leave a mark there as well.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I think of Gina Lollobrigida as among a certain group of largely Italian strikingly beautiful, shapely, and seemingly sensual actresses. Sophia Loren, perhaps some of the Gabor sisters, GL, and maybe, but I do not think so really, Brigette Bardot. I am blanking on others of similar ilk from that time in the past. Seems like GL may have been the last one of them alive. Sad to have them all gone.
Sophia is still with us.

Top Bottom