What's new

Rinsing razor with cold water

For the best shave it has been scientifically proven (by me over a week of testing) the water has to be 62.5F with the room at 71F. Relative humidity MUST be between 60-70%.

And anything different than the above is just stupid.

HIT THE LIKE BUTTON BELOW AND SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL!!! 🤪

Indeed so @Frito Ray ……Also the molecular integrity of the water may change as well with one’s place on this planet.

As someone with tap water temperature in the 30’s, 77 degrees feels pretty warm.

proxy.php

Cold water shaves works for many people here on B&B and there is nothing wrong with that. YMMV. Cold water does nothing to the blade etc etc just like hot water does nothing to the blade etc etc. It is not enough of a low temperature/high temperature to do anything to the blade.

However I would recommend using hot water to clean the razor and blade after your shave. Left over fats and such from the shave soap will come off much easier.
I agree.

I use both hot and cold, based mostly on the weather and the amount of time I have to shave. Getting the water hot takes time.

Hot water does a better job than cold does with helping to clean the gunk off of a razor and blade after use.

That is one of the many reasons I spray both with alcohol. Regardless of water temperature, it does a good job.

Nice thread.

YouTube.
Everybody has an angle for clicks.
If someone put up a YouTube video of a guy shaving with peanut butter and a weedwhacker, a bunch of folks would comment how wonderful their shaves were with peanut butter and a weedwhacker.
^^^ Indeed, people can be sheep.^^^

Years ago I read an article in a cycling magazine suggesting running cold water on your legs before shaving. The rationale was that the goosebumps cause your hair to stand up.

I don't get goosebumps on my face :straight:

... Thom

Worth a try! Then do what works best for you. :popc::popc:

I use warm water for washing my face and cleaning lather off the razor. Then, I finish with a cold water rinse.

If we are starting to talk about post shave facial routine: Warm rinse to get the soap residue off. Cool rinse to finish it all off. Both water temps should be comfortable, not extreme. Boiling water and ice water is not needed.

Even the cool/cold rinse is debatable here on B&B. Nothing is universally accepted.

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I think the theory behind cold water on the razor is to make the razor blade more rigid(not going to happen in real life) but I enjoy rinsing my face after each pass with cold water then apply the lather over it and it seems to calm the skin IMO. If a person wants to use cold water on the razor it will not hurt anything and will give a nice sensation is what should happen.
When it comes to my lather I enjoy warm lather and that is what I have stuck to over the years, I live in Northern Alberta Canada and warm lather in winter is pleasant to any one, just a different sensation it offers but still cold water rinse in the coldest periods of winter regardless(it is very satisfying to me & my skin loves it.) Last pass I will only use warm water to rinse soap residual off and then followed with a cold water rinse(I just enjoy cold water rinses and my skin looks great still at 65 years IMO.

Top Bottom