What's new

Return to Traditional Shaving

Hi
Two years ago I bought my first modern DE. I first started shaving in the 1960’s, can’t remember much except that the blades were blue and as the razor was a butterfly so it must have been a Super Speed. Before then end of the 60’s I had a full beard until change of career in the 80’s demanded a clean shaven look. By then DE blades were hard to find at the local supermarket so I used carts and sometimes a Phillips Electric (horrible thing).

So really, in returning to traditional shaving I did not have a lot of previous experience but it was an easy transition. I will never go back to carts. Now having acquired 15 DE’s, 1 SE, 1 shavette and and 8 straights I suppose it’s past time that I joined B&B.
Cheers

Welcome, @Fatboyming
That sounds much like my story. I started in the mid '70s with a Gillette Super Adjustable 109, then a couple of decades of beards, electrics, and disposables.
In 2016 I came to my senses and learned about DEs all over again.

Hi
Two years ago I bought my first modern DE. I first started shaving in the 1960’s, can’t remember much except that the blades were blue and as the razor was a butterfly so it must have been a Super Speed. Before then end of the 60’s I had a full beard until change of career in the 80’s demanded a clean shaven look. By then DE blades were hard to find at the local supermarket so I used carts and sometimes a Phillips Electric (horrible thing).

So really, in returning to traditional shaving I did not have a lot of previous experience but it was an easy transition. I will never go back to carts. Now having acquired 15 DE’s, 1 SE, 1 shavette and and 8 straights I suppose it’s past time that I joined B&B.
Cheers

Yup about time lol... Welcome!

Top Bottom