What's new

Repairing Missing End Caps

I recently picked up an Aristocrat that is in excellent condition except for 1 missing end cap. To my naked eye, end caps seem to be dimensionally the same from model to model and generation to generation, but does anybody know that with more precision than my guess work? I'm hoping any old gold TTO could be the donor razor, unless anyone might know of a source just for the caps (I have a couple of SS's on the shelf with the same need).

And has anyone come up with a method for re-attaching (or removing) end caps without heat-damaging surrounding parts of the razor? I'd sure hate to screw up a whole razor for the sake of an end cap :blink:
$100_1256.jpg

**Found in the wild, btw, for $20.

Last edited:
I haven't noticed any significant difference between end caps, so I'd think you can perfectly use one from other razor.

Epoxy will work just fine, and it should be an easy fix.

Oh, and I've read that you can get an end cap to drop off by simply holding the razor over a candle, but I haven't tried it yet.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Endcap shapes vary slightly throughout the years. British manufacture has quite different a different shape, of course.

Obviously you'll need a gold one and a donor razor. The plating is stable at soldering temperatures, just be careful with the flux.

Endcap shapes vary slightly throughout the years. British manufacture has quite different a different shape, of course.

Not only the British end caps are different, but the gold plated ones are also fairly rare ... I don't think any of them would be a good donor. :crying:

I'd been so worried about soldering that I wasn't even thinking of epoxy - thanks for the tips!

Top Bottom