What's new

Red Personas

I just finished the 5th shave on the first Red out of the tuck I have, and it's definitely a smooth blade, with decent sharpness. Not quite Pol-Silver, Feather, or even perhaps a bit less sharp than an Astra SP, but really smooth. I've been using one in my Rockwell, and plan to try one in my Slim next, which up until now the best or smoothest shave has been using a KAI blade.

I just finished the 5th shave on the first Red out of the tuck I have, and it's definitely a smooth blade, with decent sharpness. Not quite Pol-Silver, Feather, or even perhaps a bit less sharp than an Astra SP, but really smooth. I've been using one in my Rockwell, and plan to try one in my Slim next, which up until now the best or smoothest shave has been using a KAI blade.
My experience exactly. Not the sharpest, but very comfortable and good for at least 5 shaves. Good for daily use, too. I'd be interested in hearing whether you find KAI is better. I think it is, and also longer lasting, but not worth the high price for me, ymmv of course.

Interesting quite a few like to use the red Personna on slants.
I have the same preference, I use the IP reds on my Wunderbar and Merkur 37c.

It is not the sharpest but work great on aggressive razors and slants, I sometimes get weepers using the sharper blade's on the Razorock Wunderbar but the IP red pairs well with the Wunderbar just the right balance of not being too sharp or too dull for my face paired with the Razorock Wunderbar slant razor .

I have a Red Personna blade in my razor now. I’ve lost count on the number of shaves but it’s at least 6. These and the Astra SPs are my top two. I’d have to give the GSB a close third. I just had 200 Personna Reds delivered for $19. You can’t beat that for your favorite blade!

Right now I have a Fatip Grande chucked up with a Lab Blue, and a Piccolo with a Red. They're identical heads so it's a fair comparison. Each one has a dice set on 1, I plan to take them to 6 shaves each, 1 shave each with the same soap with 6 different soaps both veggie and tallow. I may bore ya'll with daily reports or wait till the end, dunno yet.

Right now I have a Fatip Grande chucked up with a Lab Blue, and a Piccolo with a Red. They're identical heads so it's a fair comparison. Each one has a dice set on 1, I plan to take them to 6 shaves each, 1 shave each with the same soap with 6 different soaps both veggie and tallow. I may bore ya'll with daily reports or wait till the end, dunno yet.

Two of my favorite blades! This should be interesting. :a21::a21::a21:

Three shaves in with each blade, first two with Tabac, next two with SV, and last two with Cella. Six great BBS shaves in all, nothing negative to report about either blade. The Red was slightly smoother on the first two shaves, but as Big J has noted, the Blue smoothed out significantly by the third shave. I will switch blades and razors tonight for the last three shaves to even up any differences in manufacturing tolerances, and will continue to alternate veggie and tallow. Either blade would suit me as a one blade option, with a slight admitted bias to the Red. This whole analysis lends an air of discipline and professionalism to the shave den which has been sorely lacking. More data to follow.

Three shaves in with each blade, first two with Tabac, next two with SV, and last two with Cella. Six great BBS shaves in all, nothing negative to report about either blade. The Red was slightly smoother on the first two shaves, but as Big J has noted, the Blue smoothed out significantly by the third shave. I will switch blades and razors tonight for the last three shaves to even up any differences in manufacturing tolerances, and will continue to alternate veggie and tallow. Either blade would suit me as a one blade option, with a slight admitted bias to the Red. This whole analysis lends an air of discipline and professionalism to the shave den which has been sorely lacking. More data to follow.

Great analysis!!! (Especially as we agree on the merits of these fine blades!) :a14::a14::a14::a14:

The last three shaves really just verified the first three. I used a Fatboy for the last shave with each blade, and would say that by number six the difference was barely noticeable. Overall I remain impressed with the Reds ability to deliver smooth close trouble free shaves in any of my razors. I have Petersburg blades that perform as well in certain razors, but the Red just works any day in any razor with any soap "FOR ME".

I just picked up some reds and they are, indeed, great blades and now made in Germany. Equal to my beloved Nacets.

Top Bottom