What's new

Recommend Cheap Fountain Pen Paper

Is there any particular paper you'd recommend for just jotting notes that would be good for fountain pen use? I'm thinking of scratch pad paper. I don't like using my Rhodia paper for stuff I'm just going to discard when I'm done with it. Anything you might recommend that I can find at an office supply store?

Is there any particular paper you'd recommend for just jotting notes that would be good for fountain pen use? I'm thinking of scratch pad paper. I don't like using my Rhodia paper for stuff I'm just going to discard when I'm done with it. Anything you might recommend that I can find at an office supply store?

I haven't used it, but Staples has a line called Sustainable Earth, made partially from sugarcane. It gets some good feedback here.

If you use looseleaf/blank paper, try HP Premium 32lb. It's intended for laser printers, but it's great for fountain pens. It's my go-to for letter-writing.

Personally, I've found choosing the right ink for work/school environments is 90% of the battle, though. Some inks just seem to handle poor quality paper much better than other inks.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Black n' Red works well. Office Depot has their brand which I suspect is BnR re-branded.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I recommend Cheap fountain pen paper.

What did I win? :001_rolle

I just use Hilroy Enviro-Plus notebooks from Staples at work.

I've been having good success with Staples 28lb laser jet paper. Very little feedback, decent ink resistance though it won't show off your shading inks as well as proper paper will. I haven't had any bleed through problems, and that includes using flex nibs. The plus side is it's dirt cheap (like $10 per ream) and I don't feel even slightly bad about recycling it when I'm done with the notes and grocery lists I scratch down. The downside is it's a loose ream. If you want a pocket pad of scratch paper all you have to do is cut the 8.5" x 11" pages in half horizontally, fold them in half, and staple the seam. If you're feeling fancy you can buy some scrapbooking card stock to make a cover.

I've had good luck with Tops Docket Gold. Not the smoothest paper but it keeps ink from feathering and bleed through minimized. I only use the regular table size, 8.5"x11", don't know if they carry other sizes.

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys. Oddly, there isn't a Staples within 50 miles of where I live. It's all Office Depot.

What I did notice today was the the local Office Depot carries the Sheaffer 100 with a Medium nib. That's kind of cool.

I just picked up a ream of 28 lb LaserJet paper. Lots of paper for the price. Fountain pen ink acts very well with it.

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys. Oddly, there isn't a Staples within 50 miles of where I live. It's all Office Depot.

That will be changing soon, assuming the merger goes through.

I I use the HP 32lb and I cut it into a few different sizes. It isn't super-cheap, but Staples usually sends coupons.

Look for Norcom branded paper that has been sourced from Brazil. Steer clear of other sources. There are comp. books, loose leaf and notepads out there, you just need to do some digging.

Look for Norcom branded paper that has been sourced from Brazil. Steer clear of other sources. There are comp. books, loose leaf and notepads out there, you just need to do some digging.

Yes, these are great. I have a couple of the basic composition books and they're perfect for scribbling notes. But SmoovD is right -- you need the ones sourced from Brazil.

Top Bottom