What's new

Recipes that use a lot of sour cream?

An odd request, but due to my misreading, and then tripling of a spinach dip recipe, I find my self with an abundance of sour cream that is begging to get used up.

Anyone have any non-dip (hosted a pot-luck and I'm also swimming in various dips) recipes that taste good and use a bunch of sour cream?

An odd request, but due to my misreading, and then tripling of a spinach dip recipe, I find my self with an abundance of sour cream that is begging to get used up.

Anyone have any non-dip (hosted a pot-luck and I'm also swimming in various dips) recipes that taste good and use a bunch of sour cream?
Fajita's my wife makes are great with sour cream! :biggrin: YUMMY YUMMY!

Stroganoff. That is all. My recipe for it is buried in the anything thread if you would care to dig for it.

Sour cream chocolate cake with sour cream chocolate frosting:

SOUR CREAM CHOCOLATE CAKE

1/2 c. butter, softened
1/4 c. shortening
2 c. brown sugar, firmly packed
2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 eggs
3 (1 oz.) sqs. unsweetened chocolate, melted
1 c. sour cream
2 1/2 c. cake flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2/3 c. water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 2 (9 inch) cake pans. Cream butter and shortening with brown sugar and vanilla. Add eggs; continue beating until very light and fluffy. Blend in melted chocolate and sour cream; beat 1 minute at medium speed to mix well (15 strokes by hand). Add dry ingredients and water. Beat 3 minutes at medium speed (450 strokes by hand). Bake 35 to 40 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool completely before frosting.

Frosting
Ingredients:

* 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
* 1/4 cup butter
* 1/2 cup sour cream
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar

Preparation:
Melt chocolate with butter in top of double boiler over hot water. Remove from hot water; stir in sour cream, vanilla, and salt. Slowly beat in confectioners' sugar until desired spreading consistency is reached. Makes enough chocolate sour cream frosting for a tube or bundt cake or 2-layer cake.

I'll be trying my hand at a stroganoff tonight.
Thanks all.

EDIT: Went With R-James' recipe, quite tasty, next time I'll probably up the garlic and onions though.

Suiza sauce. Goes well on enchiladas, I make "flaquities" with it, and the leftovers work well with tortillas in any form.
20 oz green enchilada sauce and 1 C heavy cream, mixed over med-hi heat
Add 8oz sour cream and smushed jalapenos to taste (I like half a dozen slices mashed with the back of a spoon)
Heat very thoroughly, stirring periodically

Boscaiola:

Pasta (Shells, or whichever you prefer)
Bacon, Crispy.
Mushrooms, chopped and then fried with the bacon
Garden Peas, followed in after the Mushrooms and cooked until soft.

Once the Pasta has boiled and everything is cooking, drain the pasta, pop back into the pan and while it's still warm, pop the bacon, peas and mushrooms in and a good helping of Sour Cream, stir and serve.

Bloody lovely.

Top Bottom