What's new

Re-using OS mugs

I just tossed a puck of Col. Conk into my Old Spice Grand Turk, and lather up that way. I suppose that I could have melted the puck in the mug, but I'm lazy. So, although the puck isn't quite big enough, it gets the job done.

I just tossed a puck of Col. Conk into my Old Spice Grand Turk, and lather up that way. I suppose that I could have melted the puck in the mug, but I'm lazy. So, although the puck isn't quite big enough, it gets the job done.

Just leave some water in the mug - the Col. Conk will soften up and fill in the empty space.

"I just tossed a puck of Col. Conk into my Old Spice Grand Turk, and lather up that way. I suppose that I could have melted the puck in the mug, but I'm lazy. So, although the puck isn't quite big enough, it gets the job done."

+1 to the above:

I use my OS Grand Turk Mug with a Col Conk puck. (or other scents to my liking when I need a new puck) They fit in just fine and after you have lathered in them for awhile the puck get locked in.
I use a stainless Steel Cover that is off of a canister used in Drs. offices for cotton swabs that my SWMBO found in the thrift store. It's the exact diameter and fits over the edge of the Mug perfectly. Keeps the puck from losing its scent and drying out. :001_cool:

Razors: E-1 Gillette Fat Boy – Parker 90R
Blades: Shark, 7AM
Shave Soap: Col Conk Bay Rum, Classic Shaving Lilac
Brush: Medium Best Badger
Mug: Classic Old Spice Mug
Aftershaves: Pinaud, Lustray, Polo, Dune (Christian Dior)

Life is short – enjoy the Ride

Yeah, there is something about that mug that just seems to symbolize American Wet Shaving. I think some guys who wouldn't be caught dead using the AS or cologne still like having an OS mug in the den.

All my soaps in my rotation are in Old Spice mugs. Current line up includes;
1. Old Spice Soap in its original Mug.
2. Tabac
3. SCS Savoy Rose
4. L'Occitane en Provence (Cade)
5. C&E Sandalwood
6. Van Der Hagen Deluxe
7. Williams
8. Mama Bear Hydrogen
9. QED Pine & Cedarwood
10. One Old Spice Mug is used for samples which current has a Ogallala Buy Rum sample of Limes & Peppercorns

For some of the glycerin soaps like #6, 8 and 9 I melt them into the Old Spice mugs using the double boiler method.

Top Bottom