What's new

RE Summer Edition

So, Razor Emporium dropped their summer edition soap recently. 50 tubs. Methol, watermelon... very summery. Why is it still available? What am I missing? Is it the fact that they only put it in their limited edition area and not the main soap area so folks don't see it? Have prior seasonal ones not been great? Something about the scent?

I'm new at this, so maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I figured with only 50 being available they'd go fast, but clearly I was wrong.
Funny enough, and obviously ad algorithm's paying attention, it's in the ad I'm looking at on the top of the page while I type this. lol

Hard to say. I don't see their soaps mentioned around here a lot though. Can't comment about other forums. Maybe they just fly under the radar at the moment and will be the next big thing at some point. Or maybe it's something about the vendor that they don't get much love.

Hard to say. I don't see their soaps mentioned around here a lot though. Can't comment about other forums. Maybe they just fly under the radar at the moment and will be the next big thing at some point. Or maybe it's something about the vendor that they don't get much love.
Yeah, I found them as a top search result plus all Matt's videos but they're a slightly smaller selection than a lot of places. But for me they have had good prices on some key stuff, quick delivery... They tossed in a sample of the Rex '55 with an order and I liked it so I'm curious about the small batch line. Obviously the big difference is tallow vs non tallow, but then menthol vs no menthol in this case.

From the web site it appears that somewhere around 50 tubs were made and available for purchase and it doesn't tell you how many are left. I wouldn't rely on that counter to gauge how good or bad it is. If you don't read much about it on wet shaving forums then that will tell you all you need to know. Based on teh ingredients- likely a melt n pour coconut oil based soap. I'm sure its very useable and will put it in the neighborhood of Stirling soap performance wise, likely a tick below that.

Top Bottom