What's new

Razorock Hawk V2 coming tomorrow according to IB Facebook page

I'm sorry to anyone that feels offended by my comment and it wasn't meant in that manner and maybe I should've worded it differently and I'm glad you like the handle. That being said I should've only questioned why aren't there any other handle options? I passed on the last Wunderbar release solely because of the handle. Both, in the BST and on IB's site. I contacted CS and asked if I could get it with another handle and was flat out told it only is sold with that handle and that is how I'd have to purchase it. Not exactly great CS there... My money certainly must be different from others and obviously not needed by them I'd assume!!

Not sure how that is bad customer service? Its only offered 1 way. There is no option to purchase a head and handle separately.

Was there a problem with the old blade post design?
I've never had a problem with the blade post design on the hawk V1; however, I did notice that the Stainless Steel Hawk is milled more precisely giving a perfect fit for my AC blades. My aluminum Hawk has just the tiniest...and I mean tiny blade movement. My brass general is even more more precisely milled to the point that I need to use a tiny bit of pressure to snap the AC blades onto the posts and use my fingernail to snap my AC blades off the posts. Perfect fit, and absolutely no blade wiggle. I love that about the General as well as it's guaranteed always perfectly aligned. The new blade post design might be only because of the slight blade wiggle on the posts of the Aluminum V1 Hawks.

Or maybe my aluminum Hawk was the only one with blade wiggle...I don't know for sure. Anyone????

Not sure how that is bad customer service? Its only offered 1 way. There is no option to purchase a head and handle separately.
My bad... They could've offered for me to pay a few bucks extra for a different handle or even selling the head separately!! Neither was offered, just a flat out no... "we can't do that"... is there anything else we can help you with? That in my opinion is bad customer service!!

My bad... They could've offered for me to pay a few bucks extra for a different handle or even selling the head separately!! Neither was offered, just a flat out no... "we can't do that"... is there anything else we can help you with? That in my opinion is bad customer service!!
IB sells several styles of separate handles alone and most of them are solid stainless steel and are quite well priced. Why not buy the razor you want and the handle you want to go with the razor if you were already willing to spend the extra bucks more. IMO their razors and handles are already very well priced to begin with.

IB sells several styles of separate handles alone and most of them are solid stainless steel and are quite well priced. Why not buy the razor you want and the handle you want to go with the razor if you were already willing to spend the extra bucks more. IMO their razors and handles are already very well priced to begin with.

If they are buying them as whole razors, then they won't want to sell them separately.

Who said I was willing to pay more? I was commenting that as a good customer service rep or salesman, sometimes you find a way to make the sale or at least suggest something out of the norm to make the sale... That is it... A good CS rep should never flat out say "NO, we don't do that"!! That just isn't good for future sales in my book. I owned my own company for 20+ yrs before retiring and never once told a paying customer "NO"!! I did however make suggestions and sometimes they were in favor of my company and sometimes in favor of the customer. There are always options out there!!

Who said I was willing to pay more? I was commenting that as a good customer service rep or salesman, sometimes you find a way to make the sale or at least suggest something out of the norm to make the sale... That is it... A good CS rep should never flat out say "NO, we don't do that"!! That just isn't good for future sales in my book. I owned my own company for 20+ yrs before retiring and never once told a paying customer "NO"!! I did however make suggestions and sometimes they were in favor of my company and sometimes in favor of the customer. There are always options out there!!

Go to an Apple store. Tell them you have a macbook and you need a hard drive cable for it. See what they say. Just because you are told no doesn't mean you are getting bad customer service. The head of the razor and the handle are not offered as separate pieces. Why should they make a special exception for you?

Go to an Apple store. Tell them you have a macbook and you need a hard drive cable for it. See what they say. Just because you are told no doesn't mean you are getting bad customer service. The head of the razor and the handle are not offered as separate pieces. Why should they make a special exception for you?
I'm almost 60yrs old and to date have never bought an Apple product!! Not even for someone else!! I'm sure I don't have to explain why, right?

You have your belief's on what good CS is and I have mine. I'll just leave it at that.

If I manage to get a V2 Hawk in the first round, I will try it out with my stainless steel handle and if I like how it shaves with the added weight from the handle and it doesn't throw the balance off (because it's going to be an aluminum head) I will probably order a different Stainless Steel handle for it later. Although it may be a big deal for some, it's not a big deal for me and certainly not a deal breaker when I consider IB's prices to be more than fair for most of their products.

No one wants this thread to wander into negative territory. So let's go back to the original post.

So RazoRock is coming out with V2 of the Hawk. Will it be an improvement or just a change to account for intellectual property issues? Anyone have any more news?

Maybe you should go back and re-read, I said they could've offered, I never said I was willing to pay it....
We get it - you are a very frugal shopper. That's great, there is no problem with that. I also get that you are just like my father and expect to be able to haggle with a customer or vendor to make a deal and that's fine as well. IMO sometimes if one is too stubborn though one might miss out on what is already a good deal for a good product.

No one wants this thread to wander into negative territory. So let's go back to the original post.

So RazoRock is coming out with V2 of the Hawk. Will it be an improvement or just a change to account for intellectual property issues? Anyone have any more news?
:thumbup: I haven't seen anything new yet and I have been keeping an eye out because I don't want to miss out on the first round - especially if it's going to be sold at their usual price point.

It's listed now for $29.99. Says sold out but I don't think it's been made available yet since I've been watching twitter and the IB site often. Unless it sold out in minutes.

It seems to have the same blade post design as the General and the handle similar to the new Mamba
I noticed that they switched from a tab to a pin for the blade posts very similar to the General and the ATT DE designs. In the pic of the exploded v2 it explains the part that RR was saying about the Mamba's handle being adjustable - the bottom nob screws off for less length and weight.

Top Bottom