What's new

Razor Rating-Grading Guidline

Thank you Ray! Finally someone has codified the ratings of razors. Now if we could get ebay sellers to follow these guidelines.

Happy New Years to all, btw

bump.
Can we make this a sticky again in BST? I think some of the newer sellers need to clearly understand between "excellent" "near mint" and "mint".

Last edited:
bump.
Can we make this a sticky again in BST? I think some of the newer sellers need to clearly understand between "excellent" "near mint" and "mint".

I believe it is. The sticky read before you post, I believe. In that sticky is links to several others, including this one.

bump.

OK... after I bumped it I see it is link in the sticky for Safety Razors forum, and linked in the BST sticky.

Last edited:
Thank you for the write up. I have sold a few safety razors and could never articulate the condition in a clear and concise manner. This will be a great help is describing the condition of the razors in a clear, concise, and consistant manner.

MattCB

Very good but it does not cover all cases IMO. A old Gillette can be NOS but still have developed a handle split. Would that be a NOS Good or Fair condition? Also on Gold Gillette razors I have seen perfect plating but the original lacquer overcoat has started to flake. What grade? Certainly not Mint. Is the lacquer considered plating?

Top Bottom