What's new

Razor Emporium

I just received a slim from them and it is beautiful, but soon after I had ordered it I found one on Ebay that had never been used and was in the case for less than the revamped one cost me. I did order my birth year and the ebay one wasn't that year. I have two Fatboys now that I'd like to have tuned up, one doesn't have the last 1/4 turn working correctly and on the other one the doors crack slightly when it's tightened down. I was thinking about sending them to RE but would like to research some alternatives. RE charges $45 for a tune up on an adjustable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kix
Sure that thread is over 10yrs old but there are multiple complaints from every year of that threads existence including 2023 but all the fanboys look at is the age of the thread and even refuse to acknowledge that there were ever any shady business dealings or legitimate complaints by shill #2 so buyer beware!!

eta... Also take note that shill #1 is also in Phoenix and buyer beware of him also!!
Who do you mean by shill #1? Is that Mr Smythe?
I have read of him doing some shady things in the beginning but did he not say sorry for that?
There are more than one of his products in my den and he even helped me make my very own, very special Bay Rum.
I like him. Matt, not so much. He is very biased when it comes to other manufacturers and I would never buy a razor of his hands.

Well I am waiting on reply for an email I sent to Razor Emporium on the 12th of Nov for what I feel is a valid concern regarding a razor of his which supposedly has a lifetime warranty and considering I take great care of my razors and have had no such problems with any of my other razors I feel my concern is valid and deserves a response.

I don't have any ill will towards anyone but interestingly enough I contacted Yaqi around a similar time on an unrelated matter and got a reply in a day or two meanwhile this "premium" lifetime warranty "quality" razor from razor emporium and customer is sitting around waiting for a reply.
It's not good form for there to be no acknowledgement or anything for what is a valid concern.
It is making me think twice about spending any more money on his products or recommending them any further to customers.

I don't have an axe to grind so it could have gone either way but at this point I am far from impressed of the level of customer service from razor emporium.

The question is do you think that it is valid to be ignored by a company. I would like to add that I have been polite in my emails throughout my attempts to get into contact with them which is now multiple times. It does not speak well to their quality and customer service.

Maybe they should just call it a limited warranty rather than "lifetime warranty" or perhaps a more apt "selective warranty"
Just something to consider.

Well I am waiting on reply for an email I sent to Razor Emporium on the 12th of Nov for what I feel is a valid concern regarding a razor of his which supposedly has a lifetime warranty and considering I take great care of my razors and have had no such problems with any of my other razors I feel my concern is valid and deserves a response.

I don't have any ill will towards anyone but interestingly enough I contacted Yaqi around a similar time on an unrelated matter and got a reply in a day or two meanwhile this "premium" lifetime warranty "quality" razor from razor emporium and customer is sitting around waiting for a reply.
It's not good form for there to be no acknowledgement or anything for what is a valid concern.
It is making me think twice about spending any more money on his products or recommending them any further to customers.

I don't have an axe to grind so it could have gone either way but at this point I am far from impressed of the level of customer service from razor emporium.

The question is do you think that it is valid to be ignored by a company. I would like to add that I have been polite in my emails throughout my attempts to get into contact with them which is now multiple times. It does not speak well to their quality and customer service.

Maybe they should just call it a limited warranty rather than "lifetime warranty" or perhaps a more apt "selective warranty"
Just something to consider.
Have you received a response from Matt yet? There was someone else that contacted him yesterday about a scratched top cap on they're recent purchase and they already responded to him and told him to send it back at the customers expense and they would inspect it and get back to him.... Don't be surprised if they ask you to do the same and moreover, even give you a response to your problem!! Matt's all about CS until there's a problem, then they either ignore you or make you pay to send it back!!

Have you received a response from Matt yet? There was someone else that contacted him yesterday about a scratched top cap on they're recent purchase and they already responded to him and told him to send it back at the customers expense and they would inspect it and get back to him.... Don't be surprised if they ask you to do the same and moreover, even give you a response to your problem!! Matt's all about CS until there's a problem, then they either ignore you or make you pay to send it back!!
He seems to be preoccupied and looking back over his shoulder to see what Shane at Blackland is up to!

I have no reason to doubt you. I believe you when you say you have had good experiences.
I have no reason to doubt others when they say they had a bad experience.
If we are going to doubt those who report the bad, shouldn't we doubt those who report the good?
Sir

Razor Emporium (negative history)

I have no history with this company. I do watch his YouTube videos. I enjoy most of them, especially the archives series. I did think his recent Osprey review questionable.

Question

I have not read the B and B thread. I will do it now. Is the negative history based on just the replating, customer service, product quality, pricing?

How do most members view his products? How are his razors viewed?: the ambassador, the envoy, the konsul. The new one. Can’t think of the name.

I do respect B/B. Most of what I have read regardless of topic has been based on experience and fact. The forum permits both sides of any topic to be discussed. The forum does a good job of managing personal attacks and foul language.

Proud member

Razor Emporium has great I-Tubes.

I have been to shop many times. I have no negative PERSONAL EXPIRERENCES.

I am looking forward to there next Wet Shave meetup.

I recently bought a 1956 Flare Tip Super Speed Nickel Revamp from Razor Emporium for a little over $70 and I'm pleased with it. That was a lot to pay for it but it is in near mint condition. Haven't shaved with it yet.
I've made many purchases and revamped one of my Gillette Ranger Techs and was very pleased with their service. Planning on visiting their store in Phoenix sometime soon!

Top Bottom