What's new

R96/4 A year later.

Got it last July 3 after waiting over a month for it to arrive from the UK. It was during the peak of the pandemic when shipments were behind schedule. I was looking for a razor that was between the 34 and the 41 with stainless construction and basically something that would last. Well a year and 188 blades ( all kinds) later I can say that I found what I was looking for. Feels great in the hand with a good solid feedback and results. You will notice a nick on the bottom base of the handle. That was from dropping it on a hard bathroom floor. Other then this minor cosmetic damage I can say that it's built to last,just like the name implies.

Attachments

• 20210703_142746.jpg
    20210703_142746.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 33
  • 20210703_142500.jpg
    20210703_142500.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 30
  • 20210703_142535.jpg
    20210703_142535.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 30
Got it last July 3 after waiting over a month for it to arrive from the UK. It was during the peak of the pandemic when shipments were behind schedule. I was looking for a razor that was between the 34 and the 41 with stainless construction and basically something that would last. Well a year and 188 blades ( all kinds) later I can say that I found what I was looking for. Feels great in the hand with a good solid feedback and results. You will notice a nick on the bottom base of the handle. That was from dropping it on a hard bathroom floor. Other then this minor cosmetic damage I can say that it's built to last,just like the name implies.
I sure enjoy mine

If I didn’t have so many razors, I would get myself a Rocca. Muhle makes very nice products!
Enjoy it!

and 188 blades in 1 year, wow that’s impressive!

If I didn’t have so many razors, I would get myself a Rocca. Muhle makes very nice products!
Enjoy it!

and 188 blades in 1 year, wow that’s impressive!
Impressive in a bad way, to me at least. It is not hard to get five good shaves from a DE blade, so it shouldn't take more than about 73 blades to get through a year, even if you shave every day.
Anybody can get three shaves, certainly, and even at that it would only take 122 blades, even with daily shaving.

OTE="kingfisher, post: 11338522, member: 17266"]
Impressive in a bad way, to me at least. It is not hard to get five good shaves from a DE blade, so it shouldn't take more than about 73 blades to get through a year, even if you shave every day.
Anybody can get three shaves, certainly, and even at that it would only take 122 blades, even with daily shaving.
[/QUOTE]

Certainly more hygenic to change blades more often. I know of people who only use a blade once.

I'd argue that it's more ridiculous to stretch the lifespan of a blade.

To each his own. I use each one of my blades 6 times, no problem whatsoever. Some people change it everyday. Some people use the same blade for dozens of shaves

but that’s off topic!

Top Bottom