What's new

Quick shave

If I shave it's with either a DE or a straight razor. If it's quick, it's not with the straight razor.

If it's got to be quick because I'm away from home than it's either A DE using a bar of soap or maybe a can of Barbasol. If I'm at home it's my regular shave (which is quick). This is a DE with a puck of Van Der Hagen with the cheap brush and bowl that comes with the $12 Van Der Hagen set.

It it's not quick, it's still with the above supplies and just substitution a straight razor for the DE. I'm not a fancy brush or soap/creme kind of guy. :)

I use a DE with King of Shaves Gel which is very slick and slippery and guards against nicks and scrapes even at speed. Two passes.

If I didn't have time to lather, I wouldn't bother shaving at all. It's not like it even takes a long time to build a lather. It would only take slightly longer than using a canned gel or goop, since you're going to want to thin out your gel with water like you would a shaving soap anyway. If I were pressed for time, I'd use a soft soap or cream and I'd clean out my brush and razor later in the day when I have time. One pass WTG using an efficient razor with a Feather blade or another blade with good sharpness. In most cases, though, I would not shave if I were pressed for time, unless it was something of legitimate importance (job related).

Last edited:
I can do a bowl lather and then fire up my Merkur 39c slant for a quick one pass shave. I don't worry about touch ups, just one pass. Very efficient with this razor. 7 min tops

Wake up earlier and take your time to enjoy the special moment :p I can shave quickly and do 3 passes within 10 minutes but I rarely do it. If I do I just use the same cream I'm always using which is the Proraso Green shaving cream.

Top Bottom