What's new

Question...is this a razor?

Not sure what this is. Think it might be a razor and then again, it might be some kind of scraper tool. I can't find any information or pics of it online. It is marked STAG up by where you insert a blade and below that I believe it says Pat'd Jan 11, 1915. The color on the bottom picture is truer to its actual color. Thanks very much for any help!

Man, I don't know what that thing is but I sure as hell wouldn't shave with it!:eek:

Does it pivot, turn, extend, what? It kinda looks like an old corn razor maybe.

A corn razor? That would be a kitchen tool to take the corn off the cob quickly? I never thought of that! It doesn't pivot but it has the two little roller things between the blade and the handle - possibly for glide the tool along? I'll have to google corn razors and see what I can find. Thanks for the idea :smile:

*LMAO* Man, do I ever feel STOOPID!!!! I just googled corn shaver and found that they aren't used for edible corn at all...they're used for those ugly things we humans get on our feet! haha!!! Anyway, back to the google search...have yet to come up with something that looks like what I've got.:cryin:

:smile: ...no, a corn razor is for shaving corns & calluses from the bottom of your feet. I believe Merkur still makes them.

Perhaps some sort of blade holding tool to use when sharpening blades? The rollers maintain the correct angle on a sharpening stone? That vintage would point to non-disposable blades as the norm for the time.

Perhaps some sort of blade holding tool to use when sharpening blades? The rollers maintain the correct angle on a sharpening stone? That vintage would point to non-disposable blades as the norm for the time.

ding ding!!!

Give the man a cigar!!!

Raf

*oops* Styx was right...found out today from the guy that runs the website where I found the Stag that it is a razor sharpener!!!

Top Bottom