What's new

Question about DE Razors...

.....I was wondering if any of the ones I own now are as good as the Futur, or maybe they are horrible. I have no idea. I tend to use the blue one in the middle the most and the second one from the left..... (Also I'm in college so not much $$ to drop on luxury shaving supplies)
Oh - college days... :w00t: The biggest budget item I had was worrying about pizza money and if I had enough money left over for a date on Saturday night.. :scared:

Anyway - here is what I think....

You won't get a decent shave from any razor that is unintentionally out of alignment - and in looking at the pics above - I wouldn't shave with that razor - even if you think you can re-align it? Chances are - it will still be out of alignment.. The other DE razors are somewhat "mild" as I have a similar assortment - although somewhat a larger assortment :wink2:

So - here is the deal.....

I have ANIB Merkur Futur I've shaved with only a couple of times. It is not my favorite razor out of my several dozen. So...

You PM me your name and mailing address - and it is on it's way to you later this week. No charge. I don't think I have the original box - but I'll also throw in an assortment of various blades I also have left from a sampler pack. Probably 20-40 blades in total?? Not really sure what I have left..?

BUT - there is one condition, OK??

When/if you are on B&B and think you can "Pay It Forward" to another complete stranger - just step up and get it done, OK?

Let me know what you decide....

Best to you!

John D.

It's my pleasure..!

I'll get everything on its way to you in the next day or so..

John

VERY classy thing to do, John. Bravo!

...And, to Shant, this is the kind of place that B&B is. Just "Pay It Forward" to another newbie when the time comes. Welcome again to the nicest corner of the whole internet!

Hi Shant (and thanks Wingnut :wink2:)

OK - below is a picture of what's been sent on its way.. It's being shipped UPS - so I'm guessing coast-to-coast should take about a week? I'll PM you the tracking number, in a few, OK?

Anyway - enjoy the Futur and the assortment of blades..! As well - read the WARNING on the Ogallala Bay Rum Cologne!!! Members of the opposite sex will find you inexplicably attractive, ask you out on dates, offer to pay for your dinner, bus fares - perhaps even buy you a private jet or new mansion..!!

I included a sample size that John at Ogallala Bay Rum sent on to me - BUT - I couldn't handle the pressure this cologne might bring to bear on my wonderful marriage (with strange women chasing me around..?? :ohmy:)

You have been warned.....:w00t:

John D.

Attachments

• $DSC_0002.jpg
    $DSC_0002.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 21
John D.,

I don't know who you think you are by doing something like this.

But I just found out who I think you are...a very good man.

You are brand new here but yet you saw someone in need and jumped in and offered your help. It just goes to show you that quality of character and generosity do not have a "join date" or a minimum number of posts.

God bless you John D.

Top Bottom