What's new

Proraso Green Balm vs Splash

Anyone have both? Summer is here. I have the balm but would like to know if the splash smells like the balm. I assume they would but...

The two are actually not very similar. The splash only has a hint of the eucalyptus scent that the balm (and soap/cream) has.

The splash has more of a cologne scent (I'm not sure how to describe it beyond that). It's good, but I personally prefer the balm.

I have not tried the balm but the splash is one of my favorites. Leaves the skin feeling great and does not have long staying power which I appreciate as I dont want to be 'that guy' at work.

I was hoping the splash would smell like the balm but it does not at all to my nose. Or at least not enough to get over the disappoint. It is a pretty good scent but I really wanted it to smell like the balm which I love.

Thanks. I bought the balm as soon as it was available. I hoped it would smell more like the soap but, to my nose, it's got a pepper mint smell not in the soap.

I'm getting an aftershave order together and I'm getting the splash for the summer.

I think the two are different. I like the splash better, as its one of my staples. Sometimes when I want to kick up the "octane" a little, I'll add a few droplets of Osage Rub into the palm of my hand with the Preraso splash. Mmmm mmmm good!

I use the splash and like it, especially for cooling off in summer.
Every balm or gel that I've used in the past just reminded me of gunk or slime - Yuk !!
For that reason I've never used the Proraso balm because I'm afraid I won't like it and it will just be money down the drain.

Lots of folks really like the splash so I feel like I should give it a go. The balm just didn't match the soap as I hoped.

I find the balm scent most closely matches the green Proraso Pre-shave, actually. The soap/cream has another scent and the splash is a still-different riff.

So while they're different, there's certainly a family resemblance across the green line for clean, fresh, non-cloying menthol scents. I think each Proraso green scent variant "works" for each product. Very fond of the lot.

Balm is for winter and splash is for anytime. Splash is beautiful. Very short longevity for wearing frags.

The two are actually not very similar. The splash only has a hint of the eucalyptus scent that the balm (and soap/cream) has.

The splash has more of a cologne scent (I'm not sure how to describe it beyond that). It's good, but I personally prefer the balm.

I completely agree with the first part of the answer; Proraso Green shaving soap (or cream) and Proraso Green balm all have a powerful prevalence of eucalyptus and menthol.

As for the second part; after a shave with Proraso Green I may take the balm as their scents closely match, but after a shave with a different soap or cream I reach more often for the Proraso aftershave lotion that smells less similar to Proraso Green shaving soap.

B.

Last edited:
I totally dig the balm! really nice scent, strong mint one
Lovely!

The pre shave also is great and the cream

the AS I loved the less

The balm is very similar to the cream and the green pre /post IMO. I didn't find the splash to smell anything like that and I did find the scent stuck around for way too long and too strong. Obviously YMMV.

Love the balm - both green and blue.

I think the two are different. I like the splash better, as its one of my staples. Sometimes when I want to kick up the "octane" a little, I'll add a few droplets of Osage Rub into the palm of my hand with the Preraso splash. Mmmm mmmm good!
I'm going to have to try that concoction! I didn't know the Osage Rub could be improved! :laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom