What's new

Post your shave dens!

Well, almost 6 weeks into DE shaving I am very pleased with the deliberately minimalist little "den" I have put together. And I'm very grateful to all you wise gents here at B&B for sharing the knowledge that helped me do so--so thank you all! It's funny, after this morning's shave I just felt so happy about how it all came together and snapped a pic and then I ran across this thread by chance. :001_smile Anyway, here's my little setup:

proxy.php

The ATT Kronos R1 on the right is the razor I'm now expecting to be my daily shaver for life. The ones on the left are a Merkur 1904 and an AOS Muhle that I'm now mainly keeping around for decoration. Not the biggest den around for sure, but I'm happy with it.

I think the boxes are made to hang and dispense, given the punch-out slot. My guess would be a hanging tab on the top or a punch-out nail hole on the back.

I've been wet shaving since the early 70's and use mostly Gillette razors. I shave with an assortment of Super Speeds, including the Ranger Tech, and Milord, Fat Boys, an aluminum Tech, and a couple pot metal shavers. It's a multi decade collection of family heirlooms. The least used are the Ranger Tech and Milord. They are both like new as are their cases with retail boxes. My Grandfather never used them and put them into a closet where they remained until he passed in the 90's.

$1.jpg

$2.jpg

Now that is very neat and out of the way! Really like this idea :thumbup1: Where did you get those black things that you have around the brushes to hang up on the hooks?

I cut out some pieces from a velcro reel from work. The only place I could find online to give you a reference is this:

https://www.anixter.com/en_us/search/?text=velcro

They are pricey for the reel, and the size that I used is the 1/2" width. If you have a computer and/or network department that you are close with talk to the technicians, they might have one lying around. That's how I did it. The reel that we use (telecommunications) is 3/4" thick, so I needed the thinner one, and checked out our computer techs inventory and cut a piece lol

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Made a few changes (in red highlights), to my Shave Den [still a 'work in progress']...just need a pedestal sink! :thumbsup:

attachment.php

Signs on one wall.

attachment.php

Sign plus Shaving Hand Towel [FONT=&amp]from 'S. Jackson' (Sewell Jackson), [/FONT]on other wall.

$Sign.JPG

Sign on wall opposite mirror & wash basin.

$P1010015.jpg

1st Row;
Small Plastic Spray Bottle filled w/ alcohol for blade & razor sterilization.[FONT=&amp]
Custom Oak Shave Stand (2 Brush, 3 DE Razor and 2 Str8)...holding m[/FONT]y B & B Boar Brushes (gold flakes & frosted blue), Cinderella str8 razor (display only...made in Germany for L. Wolfe, Detroit, MI), 'special' str8 razor (display only...made in Germany for E.F. Stephan, New Haven, CT), Gillette (W-2 = 1951), razor w/ a Durham Duplex handle (travel use), my Merkur 38C (home use), and the Mrs. Lady Gillette (I-1 = 1963), Razor!
[FONT=&amp]Sears, Roebuck & Co. Catalog Ceramic Shaving Mug (Home use...to hold my VDH Scented Luxury & Arko Shave Soap [w/ a [/FONT][FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]plumbers '[/FONT]3in Knock-out Test Cap' for a lid).
[/FONT]Brumm Serie Commerciale die-cast R79 Fiat 500 Delivery Van [FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp](1:43 scale) advertising Gillette Blu Razor Blades.
American Highway Legends [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&amp]die-cast Mack CJ Tractor and Trailer (1:64 scale), advertising Gillette Razor Blades.
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&amp]
2nd Row;[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Vintage Pinuad Talc Can.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]Vintage 8oz Pinuad Glass Bottle w/ cork Stopper (filled w/[/FONT] vintage Club Royale [FONT=&amp]AS/Cologne[/FONT]).
Vintage 6oz Pinaud Glass Bottle [/FONT][FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]w/ cork Stopper [/FONT][/FONT](filled w/ Original Clubman AS)[/FONT].
Vintage 8oz Pinaud Glass Bottle w/ cork Stopper (filled w/ Citrus Musk).
Vintage Ever-Ready Razor Bank.

3rd Row;
Vintage Burma-Shave Glass Jar w/ lid filled with Voshkod Razor Blades and a natural cork (for 'corking')[FONT=&amp].[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]B & B Shaving Mug.[/FONT][/FONT]

Top Row;
Pelican (our State [[FONT=&amp]"Laissez les bons temps rouler". [/FONT][FONT=&amp]("Let the good times roll"!)[/FONT] ] Bird), Razor Bank.
Vintage Pinuad Talc Can.
[FONT=&amp]My Travel Silver Shaving Mug (e[/FONT]ngraved with my full name/birth date and these quotes;
"To Smoke is Human...To Smoke Cigars is Divine" and "A Great Lather is Half the Shave".
Robert Becker (medium) Cactus Sand Scuttle (used approx 10%), w/ lid & cork stopper.

$002.JPG

Side View.

$007.JPG

Side View.

Razor Blade Wrapper Frame w/ a vintage Mark 44-20 Genuine Russia Finish, Detroit, MI '601' Strop.

full

Custom Oak Shave Stand (2 Brush, 3 DE Razors and 2 str8 Razors).

$012.JPG

Vintage Pinaud Bottles (decanters).

My Razor Blade Wrapper Frame.

attachment.php
[FONT=&amp]“A [shave den] with plenty of provisions is better than a [starving bathroom]”. Irish Proverb[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom