What's new

Post your shave dens!

Remember, I am still VERY new! This is all I have so far
$IMG_2181.jpg

I am a minimalist, but I do like to watch the news as I get ready

$image.jpg

Toilets in Japan are incredible, they do everything by themselves except wipe,

$image.jpg

The bathtub is my favorite place to relax, it is made of hinoki wood, which has a wonderful smell

$image.jpg

Here are some close-ups of my den.
The top of the bookshelf. The mascots for the BOTOC, and the Order of the FAT. Merkur 33C Razor and Wilkinson Boar
proxy.php

Top Shelf, Brushes and Razors, Gem / Star / Ever Ready / Schick / Gillette
proxy.php

2nd Shelf - Cased Razors, Gillette, Schick, Gem, Rotbart, Valet
proxy.php

3rd Shelf - Assorted razors in display boxes, Schick Injectors in Toothbrush holder, Gillette Tech
proxy.php

4th Shelf - Some soaps and two boxes - 1 with misc. shaving stuff, The Crown Royal Box is for fountain pens & ink.
proxy.php

The bottom behind the doors - Baskets of razors, soap samples, creams, misc. razors and brush handles in various stages of cleaning and restoration, cleaning supplies.
proxy.php

Some more Den photos.
Razors hanging on decorative wall display. Fat Boy, Slim Adjustable, Super Adjustable, #66 Aristocrat, Old Types, 4711
proxy.php

Tech's & OC's
proxy.php

Trac II on stand w/ brush, Mug with Cade soap, decorative scuttle.
proxy.php

Soaps, creams, hair gel, After Shaves, and After Shave Balms
proxy.php

Old Spice mugs w/ soaps, Old Spice AS & Colognes misc.----More to come.
proxy.php

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
[QUOTE =Roderick;7257830]Nice wash room, but sitting down to shave, that's a new one.[/QUOTE ]
Roderick:
Because of my infirmities (besides my MS), I'm more comfortable sitting down on my stool (I open the cabinet doors underneath the sink so I can sit closer to the sink and using the 'retractable / telescopic', wall mounted mirror definitely saves me some moderate back pain bending over the basin trying to get a closer look in the medicine cabinet mirror). :thumbsup:

I then fold & drape my shaving towel over the end of the basin to soak any water / lather that might get on the counter (our next project is to replace the old basin & cabinet with 'pedestal' wash basins...then siting would be so much more easier). :w00t:

attachment.php
[FONT=&amp]"A [shave den] can have identity...just like a person". William Stanford[/FONT]

Last edited:
[QUOTE =Roderick;7257830]Nice wash room, but sitting down to shave, that's a new one.[/QUOTE ]
Roderick:
Because of my infirmities (besides my MS), I'm more comfortable sitting down on my stool (I open the cabinet doors underneath the sink so I can sit closer to the sink and using the 'retractable / telescopic', wall mounted mirror definitely saves me some moderate back pain bending over the basin trying to get a closer look in the medicine cabinet mirror). :thumbsup:

I then fold & drape my shaving towel over the end of the basin to soak any water / lather that might get on the counter (our next project is to replace the old basin & cabinet with 'pedestal' wash basins...then siting would be so much more easier). :w00t:

attachment.php
[FONT=&amp]"A [shave den] can have identity...just like a person". William Stanford[/FONT]
I am sorry for your afflictions! I am glad that you found a work a round to let you enjoy your shaving regimen. There is little in this life that can give us satisfaction, and we must take every opportunity to enjoy the things that give us pleasure. May you be blessed on your journey. Take care.

Amazing but I have to ask, how do you clean a wooden tub?

To the left of the tub (not visible in the photo) is a small shower, with a short wooden stool. In Japan the bathtub is only for soaking in, but before getting into the tub, you must wash yourself clean first.

In the past, many homes were too small to have their own bath tub, or lacked indoor plumbing, so each neighbourhood had a public bath house. You can still find these bath houses in many neighbourhoods today. There are two halves, one for men, one for women. You go in, pay the attendant, who then gives you a towel and a washcloth. There is a small locker room where you leave your clothes and towel. Then you enter the bathing area, which is a row of small hand showers, each with a small stool and a mirror. After washing yourself off, you can get into the bath, which is quite large, and usually has a few other people in it. You can bring your washcloth with you, but people usually don't put the washcloth in the water, you can put it on your head. If you look at the photo of the tub, you will see the wooden post standing next to it, you can hang your washcloth on the post. After your soak, you return the the locker room to dry off, and dress.

There are now much larger resort baths, which have indoor and outdoor facilities, as well as baths which men and women can share (bathing suits are required). These resorts also have gift shops, food, drinks, and even small restaurants. You can also get a massage, and there are often large rooms with lounge chairs where you can relax and watch tv, or take a nap. They are an interesting and inexpensive place to spend a day with your family.

I spent eleven days in Japan a couple of years ago. I used a Sentō every day and loved it. I would love to have an ofuro like yours. Beautiful bathroom!

To the left of the tub (not visible in the photo) is a small shower, with a short wooden stool. In Japan the bathtub is only for soaking in, but before getting into the tub, you must wash yourself clean first.

In the past, many homes were too small to have their own bath tub, or lacked indoor plumbing, so each neighbourhood had a public bath house. You can still find these bath houses in many neighbourhoods today. There are two halves, one for men, one for women. You go in, pay the attendant, who then gives you a towel and a washcloth. There is a small locker room where you leave your clothes and towel. Then you enter the bathing area, which is a row of small hand showers, each with a small stool and a mirror. After washing yourself off, you can get into the bath, which is quite large, and usually has a few other people in it. You can bring your washcloth with you, but people usually don't put the washcloth in the water, you can put it on your head. If you look at the photo of the tub, you will see the wooden post standing next to it, you can hang your washcloth on the post. After your soak, you return the the locker room to dry off, and dress.

There are now much larger resort baths, which have indoor and outdoor facilities, as well as baths which men and women can share (bathing suits are required). These resorts also have gift shops, food, drinks, and even small restaurants. You can also get a massage, and there are often large rooms with lounge chairs where you can relax and watch tv, or take a nap. They are an interesting and inexpensive place to spend a day with your family.

This is so cool! I would visit Japan for that reason alone.

Wow! Sitting down while shaving! I had never thought of doing that! What a great idea! :thumbup:

I had a "We're done at two kids" operation last year and was supposed to stay sitting and laying down as much as possible for a week. I pulled an old director chair into the bathroom to use for my head shaves. It works better if you have a vanity desk area where you can slide your legs underneath the counter.

Updating my den. The soaps have changed significantly. And I continue to add razors... And brushes... And aftershaves... And I have a bunch of stuff under the sink. But I get to put this stuff on display.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428735493.226637.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428735513.577837.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428735546.295120.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428735575.697110.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428735585.531483.jpg

Hi,

I haven't been very active on the forum, I'm more of the lurker kind of guy.:blush: But i thought it might be time to post my den, since I have´t posted since I was a new on the field. It's not the most impressive den, but i have tried quite a few products and starting to find my favorites.
$IMG_1785.jpg
$IMG_1786.jpg

I have no idea why the images was flipped, and I have no idea how to flip them back:blink:

I ordered a shelf and "razor rack" (test tube holder) to organize my stuff. Now that I've had a chance to put things in something that looks like order, I'm no longer embarrassed to show you all my shave den:

$ShaveDen.jpg

Not pictured are the vintage brush handles I acquired on a recent buying spree, or the blades I have stashed in a drawer under the counter; about 100 each of Feather, Israeli and Blue Personnas, and a few tucks of Astras and Wilkinson Swords.

Top Bottom