What's new

Post your pictures - Made in France or French Razors (Excluding TI and Le Jaguar)

A David Issard 669 frame back and a PTRE ?, that's all it has on the shank. Very pretty.

Attachments

• $DavidIssardStraightRazor1.jpg
    $DavidIssardStraightRazor1.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 379
  • $IMG_0895.jpg
    $IMG_0895.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 378
  • $IMG_0897.jpg
    $IMG_0897.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 377
Last edited:
I am not sure if this is a Thiers Issard or not, if so please feel free to delete or move the post. The blade has a picture of a battleship or cruise ship on it. The shank reads Croiseur and another picture of a ship. Reverse shank reads Marque Deposee, Thiers. It is under 5/8, near wedge. I am not sure if the scales are original because the blade lands on the wedge/spacer at midpoint. The coffin/box reads Rasoir Extra.

Attachments

• $IMG_1020.jpg
    $IMG_1020.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 357
  • $IMG_1023.jpg
    $IMG_1023.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 356
  • $IMG_1019.jpg
    $IMG_1019.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 358
The PTRE is a great looking razor.

Thanks. It is about 7/8, half hollow. On the shank it has a sword and something else that I can't make out. The blades reads: Special Toutes Barbes et Peausensible. I think that translates to "all beards and"..I don't know what Peausensible means.

Last edited:
I am not sure if this is a Thiers Issard or not, if so please feel free to delete or move the post. The blade has a picture of a battleship or cruise ship on it. The shank reads Croiseur and another picture of a ship. Reverse shank reads Marque Deposee, Thiers. It is under 5/8, near wedge. I am not sure if the scales are original because the blade lands on the wedge/spacer at midpoint. The coffin/box reads Rasoir Extra.

I don't think they put guns on Cruise ships so I think we can count that out :) Thats a great looking razor!

I suspect this old wedge is french, but I could never confirm it...

Attachments

• $Copy of RAZOR2.jpg
    $Copy of RAZOR2.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 346
Thanks. It is about 7/8, half hollow. On the shank it has a sword and something else that I can't make out. The blades reads: Special Toutes Barbes et Peausensible. I think that translates to "all beards and"..I don't know what Peausensible means.

From what I could find Peau sensible means sensitive skin.

I measured the Croiseur and it is 11/16, much bigger than I thought. The wedge razor honed as easily as a full hollow and is a smooth shaver.

My only French razor. Got it in a lot of 8 at a flea market. I'll repair and hone someday.
Blade measures 9/16, a lot of hone wear, was probably originally 5/8.

(tang mark left profile)
Guaranteed
Paris - France

(tang mark right profile)
Made For
Hill Lalin NY
France

Anybody got any info on this?
I've seen a couple distributed by Hill Lanlin, but they were all german. And, who is Hill Lanin, NY ?

Attachments

• $sfull.jpg
    $sfull.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 327
  • $sltang.jpg
    $sltang.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 330
  • $srtang.jpg
    $srtang.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 328
Terriere Daniel, Qualite Extra Garantie 5, 6/8, frameback. Scales are horn.

$TerriereDaniel.jpg

I really need to get around to cleaning it up, getting it shave ready and actually using it.

I ain't real sure this one is French, but I THINK it is. It is entirely unmarked as to maker or location.
proxy.php

Came in a neat little box.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Scales are tortoise and all the pieces are marked with the number 1.
proxy.php

What leads me to believe it is French is this page from a French book about razors
proxy.php

The pictures aren't that great and I have yet to clean it up. That is the as found condition. Looks like three of the five blades will still be usable. I'll get one honed up and see how it runs before summer.

Top Bottom