What's new

Post Your Catch

Wasn't able to bring the kayak to Galveston due to high winds but I knew a few protected places with a good current and easy access from shore. Nothing big. Still fun.

Attachments

• IMG_7851.jpg
    IMG_7851.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 19
Well must of you have great catch to show on this thread me ... well me my happy place is grabbing my 5 foot long ultra light rod from the passenger side of the car, opening the trunk and grabbing some tiny lure, heck a few worms on the side of the road if it recently raind and exploring the foot deep creeks around town. I have a few saved spot where I go back again and again as they always hold fish.

Did not managed anything bigger than my hand yesterday but then with the rain we got recently must fish are roaming around, they will congregate back in deeper hole soon enough.

First let me present you old trusty. Do not be fooled by the overgrowth, this is in a really busy place right under a bridge. But this place has a 20 ft long 3 ft wide 6+ feet deep trench right in the middle of it, when the heat will come and the creek will dry up, this place will be packed with fish. Easily accessible yet never saw anyone fishing around here. This is where I got all the friends kids started in the last 10 years, there is always fish willing to bite. This is where the son and I go head to head to see who can catch the must fish in a limited amount of time.

IMG-0997.jpg

And now some of the usual suspect.

The Texas cichlid, also known as the Rio Grande cichlid Male and Female, they should start spawning soon around here then they will be fun

IMG-0995.jpg
IMG-1006.jpg

The usual suspect in this part of the creek, the mighty Green Sunfish, spawning color edition.

IMG-1005.jpg

The always colorful Longear Sunfish

IMG-0993.jpg

And if I am not mistaken the Bluegill

IMG-0992.jpg

I love it when the Bass smash the trout worms…

I’ll finally be let out this Thursday to troll for some Tunas, Yellowtail, and Dorado.

Hopefully we can stay above Baja for favorable bag limits.

I love it when the Bass smash the trout worms…

I’ll finally be let out this Thursday to troll for some Tunas, Yellowtail, and Dorado.

Hopefully we can stay above Baja for favorable bag limits.
Well - it only took a pinhole in the radiator to cause a mess of a week.

Truck won’t be ready until Monday so we’ll see what awaits me in the deep blue next month…

Was finally able to keep a booking this past Saturday - I guess I'm a believer in what they say "Best things come to those who wait"...

It's always a beautiful time on the water. Brisk 58* when we launched with calm seas and wind for our 3h drive due west. Temp climbed to comfortable low 70s but the water temp was down, near 64*

Always a blessing to have an honest shot at Tuna in November - fingers crossed for December action
full

full

full

Boat Total - 102 YFT, 2 BFT

full

30 - 40# Ahi - Hooked these feisty ones on 25lb line on our first stop. Hooked into one more on that stop before getting chewed off; always a risk with light line. Second stop, hooked 2 more with same result. I couldn't get them to bite on anything heavier - have a feeling the heavier line and spool size was affecting the bait's swim.

full

1 Top Loin for my hungry ladies.
Pan seared steaks in Grapeseed oil seasoned with Garlic, Pepper, and Lemon topped with butter on the finish.
It just doesn't get any fresher than this; unless you're eating on the boat that is...

Top Bottom