What's new

Post a photo of you having a smoke...

Sounds like a quality man cave to me. What else do you have in there? Foosball, ping pong, beer pong, what are we talking?

For what it's worth, you are the closest face to a name i've seen yet, at least in my head. I wouldn't have put Rat on his picture at all. Not that it's bad , I just had a different picture in my mind.

Sorry to disappoint, no games in the garage. Two work benches, a stack of firewood and assorted tools for splitting that are the main things. The only entertainment not pictured is my Sirius XM radio and speakers. +1 on Rat's pic. I had to triple-check he wasn't quoting someone else's post!

OK, the leather tunic part is close to the same as this item, just a different vendor that made it:

http://sonofsandlar.com/products-page/mens-clothing/warrior-tunic/

The boots are these:

http://sonofsandlar.com/products-page/boots/nine-button-boot/

Mine are in all black instead of 2 color, and have skull head buttons...

The group is the SCA... the closest idea/concept is a middle ages re-enactment type group... we aren't exactly like that, but sort of close...

My mug is double walled insulated all stainless steel, which I then wrapped in a scrap piece of zebra hide (yes, real actual zebra hide).

http://sca.org/officers/chatelain/sca-intro.html

That's really cool Rat. What's your sca name? If it's part of your real name you don't have to say it. Does your swmbo participate as well? how long have you done this? are there any videos of reenactments? Sorry for the many questions, I just think that's really neat.

That's really cool Rat. What's your sca name? If it's part of your real name you don't have to say it. Does your swmbo participate as well? how long have you done this? are there any videos of reenactments? Sorry for the many questions, I just think that's really neat.

lol Questions are fine, but I don't want to hijack this thread any more than I have, so I'll just pm ya some stuff. :) If anyone else has questions, feel free to message me.

Take your time, in fact put in a letter, you have my addy.

I actually just mailed out the next letter to you like... yesterday... lol

I want to know what's up with the lady in the background wearing a black mask and a samurai top knot!:confused1:wink2:

I didn't have her permission to post her face in a pic online, so I blacked out her features. The top knot is actually my lack of skill in using gimp brushes to black out an area? lol

Shave Rat,

You beat me to my guess, Renaissance Fair or Creative Anachronism. What kind of pipe is that? It looks pretty nifty.

You couldn't lie to us? That sucks all the fun out of the mystery! :001_tongu

No kidding, talk about setting one on the tee. Maybe he could try again.:001_smile

lol... I have seen some things at events that made me double take... there was an average height guy of obviously Asian decent in 17th century full Scottish garb walking with this hulking 6 and a half foot tall gentleman with a massive bushy beard and all flame red hair... dressed in all feudal Japanese samurai armor... lol personally, I think they planned it on purpose.

Shave Rat,

You beat me to my guess, Renaissance Fair or Creative Anachronism. What kind of pipe is that? It looks pretty nifty.

It's a Brebbia 623 :)

lol... I have seen some things at events that made me double take... there was an average height guy of obviously Asian decent in 17th century full Scottish garb walking with this hulking 6 and a half foot tall gentleman with a massive bushy beard and all flame red hair... dressed in all feudal Japanese samurai armor... lol personally, I think they planned it on purpose.

I would pay actual American dollars to see that in person!

Top Bottom