What's new

Please recommend an aftershave for me

I'm all about the Razorock Evil Eye right now. It's frankly, the perfect blend for me. It does have alcohol, so there is a burn, but it also has witch hazel, olive oil, jojoba oil, glycerin, and essential oil of lime. It is incredibly moisturizing, and yet works as an astringent too.

Might be kind of a niche product, but I usually use an alcohol splash followed by a balm, and when I use this at stuff, I don't even need the balm.
I, too, have been using Razorock Evil Eye lime at least a couple of times per week, and I couldn't be any more pleased with it. So much that I just today opened up another box from Italian Barber with a couple of other Razorock aftershave offerings (King Louis Lavender and Don Marco splash and milk.) The King Louis Lavender splash is the exact same formulation as the Evil Eye, except for the scent of course, whereas Don Marco is the same line as pretty much every other Razorock splash. Both are excellent IMHO. I have a bottle of both the lime and lavender varieties of Castle Forbes balms, but just don't feel like my shave routine is complete without a nice alcohol/menthol kick, so I pretty much always use a splash prior to applying either of these two wonderful balms. I would say that of all of Razorock's splashes, THIS particular formulation is the more moisturizing one when compared to the others that I've tried, including the new One X, XXX, and Son of Zeus. Don't get me wrong, they're great products in their own rites, but if I had to choose between the two, I'd pick Evil Eye/King Louis Lavender.

+3 for the RR Evil Eye if you want something citrus. It's a really healthy aftershave.

More modern scents, try Fine aftershaves.

I, too, have been using Razorock Evil Eye lime at least a couple of times per week, and I couldn't be any more pleased with it. So much that I just today opened up another box from Italian Barber with a couple of other Razorock aftershave offerings (King Louis Lavender and Don Marco splash and milk.) The King Louis Lavender splash is the exact same formulation as the Evil Eye, except for the scent of course, whereas Don Marco is the same line as pretty much every other Razorock splash. Both are excellent IMHO. I have a bottle of both the lime and lavender varieties of Castle Forbes balms, but just don't feel like my shave routine is complete without a nice alcohol/menthol kick, so I pretty much always use a splash prior to applying either of these two wonderful balms. I would say that of all of Razorock's splashes, THIS particular formulation is the more moisturizing one when compared to the others that I've tried, including the new One X, XXX, and Son of Zeus. Don't get me wrong, they're great products in their own rites, but if I had to choose between the two, I'd pick Evil Eye/King Louis Lavender.
Right on, man. I've got a bottle of the Lavender formulation on the way too! I was going to wait until closer to winter, but I've got a tub of CF Lavender on the order, and well, you know ^_^

I haven't tried any other RR aftershaves, but I think I will in the future. The thing I love about this formulation though, is that it sort of bridges the gap between splash and balm. I usually use both types after each shave, but when I use the Evil Eye, it's all I need. I fear it may have ruined others aftershaves for me :O

Right on, man. I've got a bottle of the Lavender formulation on the way too! I was going to wait until closer to winter, but I've got a tub of CF Lavender on the order, and well, you know ^_^

I haven't tried any other RR aftershaves, but I think I will in the future. The thing I love about this formulation though, is that it sort of bridges the gap between splash and balm. I usually use both types after each shave, but when I use the Evil Eye, it's all I need. I fear it may have ruined others aftershaves for me :O

I was in the same boat as you...planned on waiting to pick up the Lavender splash till winter, but I just HAD to get to the $60/free shipping mark on Italian Barber, lol! It's gonna go great with the CF Lavender...both are REALLY potent Lavender scents IMHO.

I definitely see what you mean about this line "bridging the gap," so to speak, between splashes and balms. It's definitely a moisturizing splash, but doesn't make the skin too oily, which was an issue that I was having with the Proraso green splash. I still can't help but throw on some Castle Forbes lime balm to go along with Evil Eye, but that's probably because the scent is just out of this world, and it doesn't leave a greasy feeling afterwards either. In tandem with one another, there's simply no better post shave feeling for me. YMMV of course, as always.

I was in the same boat as you...planned on waiting to pick up the Lavender splash till winter, but I just HAD to get to the $60/free shipping mark on Italian Barber, lol! It's gonna go great with the CF Lavender...both are REALLY potent Lavender scents IMHO.

I definitely see what you mean about this line "bridging the gap," so to speak, between splashes and balms. It's definitely a moisturizing splash, but doesn't make the skin too oily, which was an issue that I was having with the Proraso green splash. I still can't help but throw on some Castle Forbes lime balm to go along with Evil Eye, but that's probably because the scent is just out of this world, and it doesn't leave a greasy feeling afterwards either. In tandem with one another, there's simply no better post shave feeling for me. YMMV of course, as always.
Hahaha free shipping! The bane of my existence! CF balms are good then, eh? Little out of my price range, unfortunately. The cream may have even been a rash decision in my part, but I am definitely looking forward to my first all lavender shave. If it doesn't get here be Friday... We've got holiday on Monday... So it might not be until Tuesday. Ack.

Hahaha free shipping! The bane of my existence! CF balms are good then, eh? Little out of my price range, unfortunately. The cream may have even been a rash decision in my part, but I am definitely looking forward to my first all lavender shave. If it doesn't get here be Friday... We've got holiday on Monday... So it might not be until Tuesday. Ack.

Free shipping is the devil! I ALWAYS end up spending an extra $10-$15 just so I don't have to pay a measly $6 in shipping, lol. Castle Forbes balms MAY be my absolute favorite shaving product that I've tried up to this point. Their creams are outstanding as well, but the balms are just on a whole other level IMHO, and as always YMMV. My wife got me a bottle of the Lime balm for my birthday, and I picked up a bottle of the Lavender for a great price on a BST deal here, as they're really out of my price range too, but I will probably bite the bullet and purchase them again when I run out. The good news is that that will probably be a pretty good ways away, as it seriously doesn't take much of the balm at all to cover your shaving area, or your entire face as a moisturizer (what I do.) If you're on the fence about it, try finding a bottle of the travel sized balm. It's only $16.50 at most places IIRC.

Ok so tried pinaud clubman today, man that stuff stays with you all day. Not to my tastes, so it is likely going to my barber or a pif, next aqua velva ice blue. Hope it works for me otherwise I may have to stick to the proraso.

I also recently tried the razorock evil eye. I love this stuff, super clean fresh lime scent along with a very moistureizing feeling. It's hard to pick up any other aftershave anymore. I still rotate in proraso green splash and floïd blue but evil eye is great stuff and inexpensive.

I think the best battle plan is, if possible, sniff it before you buy it. Or take your significant other along and let them take a whiff too. Of course this ignores the common wisdom on here that most of them change at least some after you splash them on.

Aqua Velva is one my new found favorites. I have about 17 drugstore aftershaves and picked up the AV last month. 2/3 of the bottle is gone. AV may become my signature aftershave down the line.

Top Bottom