What's new

Pins pins I need help with Pins

hey guys

I just received some pretty nice scales that I wish to replace on one of my razors where can I find some nice pins and also is there any thing I need to know so that I can take out the old ones with out damaging the scales .

Thanks for the help

Nick

Nick,

If you want German silver pins, the have them at Classic Shaving. If you want to replace it with the adjustable ones (ala RW) check Here and Here.

Bill Ellis DVD is great for this info.

If you're only going to do 1 or 2 razors, then you could get them from classicshaving.com or a german lady on ebay who goes by rose789pipo (Beautiful Bulls Eye pins, I might add).

If more than a couple of razors, then you could buy the material to make yer own.
1/16" brass rod and #0 brass washers
or
0-80 scale brass hex nuts, 0-80 x 3/4 brass hex head machine screws, and #0 brass washers to make some ADJUSTABLE pivot pins.

I like the adjustable pin route only cuz there is no peening involved and the idea of changing scales when the mood hits appeals to me :)

Hope that help, man

Thank you both for the great info ,

I will be posting my project shortly once I receive all my materials .

Nick

I would suggest a dremel with a cutoff wheel to remove the heads of the old pins or simply filing them off with a hand file. They are probably brass or nickel silver which is fairly soft and will file away. Good luck!

Top Bottom