What's new

PIF! Morgan Bones Stubby

I'm in. That would make a great pipe for my canoe trips. As for a tip; If you are into aromatics, smoke something that your Girl likes the smell of. You'll get to smoke more often.

Dale

I'm in! Thats a sweet looking pipe! I've only been at this for a few months but like many others my suggestion would be to not worry about re-lights aka slow down and enjoy the process. Ohh and find some Stonehaven :thumbup:

I have been eyeballing the Bones for a while, yet haven't pulled the trigger. This pipe is right up my alley, so I'm In for this one.

My tip. If you are just starting out in this hobby, then start with a cheap (in price, not quality) pipe such as a cob, dagner cob, or bones line of pipe. That way you will not stress about charring the rim, or other things such as dropping the pipe. Then when you get more expensive pipes, you will still have a nice, enjoyable knock around pipe.

Also a tip specific to this style of pipe. Moderately slow and gentle draws will go a long way towards preventing overheating the pipe and your mouth, thus equaling more enjoyment and more flavor.

I'm in. Looks pretty cool! A dopp kit works as a nice travel bag for a pipe or two if you don't have a nice one.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
I'm in. Kind of a silly tip, but for any bodily functions involving your lungs, take the pipe out of your mouth. Sneeze, cough, yawn, all react badly with a clenched pipe.

Fantastic PIF! Not in as I am pretty set for pipes (commence laughing...).

if you are new to pipes - particularly if you are coming from the cigar side - don't worry about relights, and keep at it. It takes a bit of practice to find your and you pipe's sweet spot for packing and puffing.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
These have been some great tips guys! Reminder that this is open until Sunday, so get in while you can!

These have been some great tips guys! Reminder that this is open until Sunday, so get in while you can!

This thread has already been a winner for me. I'll be smoking a pipe by Saturday night. I've already found a shop to visit within a reasonable drive.

I'm in!! Having been eying the Morgan Bones pipes for awhile, and would love to own one!

As for a tip, I would say simply smoke a new pipe. Don't worry about breaking it in, it will develop cake on it's own over time.

That's a cool little stubby (could you call it a nose warmer?), I am not in but I will certainly follow along for the good ideas.

That pipe looks really interesting! I'm in :001_smile. Being a 1-2 pipes a week man for a couple of years I'm still considering myself a beginner, especially compared to the fine crew here, but my tip would be to use the tamper more frequently and more gently than you think.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
OK, gents! With 23 folks throwing their name in, Random.org spits out....

Congratulations to [MENTION=61905]Kilroy6644[/MENTION] ! I'll send you a PM with details.

And because there was so much interest, I'll also send out another unsmoked Bones. And using Random.org again...

Congratulations to [MENTION=82207]Merk61[/MENTION] ! I'll send you a PM as well.

Congrats gentlemen, and thanks for the interest! I've enjoyed everyone's tips, and even learned a few things myself!

OK, gents! With 23 folks throwing their name in, Random.org spits out....

Congratulations to @Kilroy6644 ! I'll send you a PM with details.

And because there was so much interest, I'll also send out another unsmoked Bones. And using Random.org again...

Congratulations to @Merk61 ! I'll send you a PM as well.

Congrats gentlemen, and thanks for the interest! I've enjoyed everyone's tips, and even learned a few things myself!

VERY Generous Micah! Congrats to the winners. Enjoy the smoke!

Top Bottom