What's new

PIF: Free honing (If you are unable to hone yourself)

Just posted about this, but I literally have a couple shaves under my belt, from 20some years ago. I'd love to get it cleaned up and try using it again.

Obiwan may still be following this thread, but I bet if you send him a private message, he can help you out. David is one of the nicest guys you'll meet on B&B. Good luck with your razor and round 2.

$razor.jpgBought this W&B awhile back and dont have the stones to hone it. I'm in.

Free is great, but I don't mind paying...how much does it typically cost? And how often should it be done?

Anywhere from $0 - $20, from what I've seen, assuming there's no chips or other damage. Frequency depends on a lot of factors. Your technique shaving, stropping, the edge itself, etc. Doc226, who appears below, had a razor going for about 135 shaves, just stropping, before his razor needed to be re-honed. Many people have at least two razors, so that when one needs to be honed, the second may be used to shave. Some of us even have more than two . . . .

Sorry late entries, going to keep this limited just to members in before announcement. Freeing up time for a different PIF I've got planned.

Top Bottom