What's new

PIF - Food Drive in the Mess Hall - Prize for One Lucky Person!

Attention all those who frequent the Shave Clinic & Newbie Check-In! I want to bring to your attention of a noble cause that is happening in the Mess hall right now. The Mess hall is sponsoring it's annual Mess Hall Food Drive! Because this is such a great cause, I want to do my part to get some of you in on the fun. So I am offering up a jar of St. James of London Sandalwood & Bergamot Shaving Cream and Aftershave Gel. I do want to say that this jar and bottle have been used exactly one time...that is for one shave only. It is a great cream and has a lot of properties in shaving that I look for. But I have so many soaps that I like better...this was one of those things that I should not have bought. But my purchase is your gain. Please read below for the details.

$St. James.jpg

So what do I want you to do. Please read the below post that is also in the Mess Hall and cam be found here: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/490976-Mess-Hall-Food-Drive-2016

How to win this great prize:

1. Post in the above thread that you are participating.
  2. Abide by the rules of the Mess Hall Food Drive (posting back to it with a pick and the weight of the food collected and then donate to a local charity...and whatever else you are supposed to do).
  3. Then post back here with a link to that post and if you so incline a pic as well.
  4. On July 1st, I will tally up the contestants, put them in a spreadsheet, and pick a winner...BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE...
  5. An extra entry for those who can post a pic of there generous donations at the place of donation. For example: If I were to post a pic of handing the food donation to someone at my local food bank or dropping it in a receptacle...then I would get an additional entry.
  6. Once I pick a winner, I will PM that member and ask for an address to send the prize to. that member will have 24 hours to respond to me. In the event that the member does not respond, I will pick a new winner. And so on and so forth.
  7. Open to CONUS only (sorry guys...this would be really expensive to send elsewhere) and to anyone who is a member of Badger & Blade.

Simple right? And it will help those that really need our help. If you have any questions about this, please do not hesitate to post here or PM me.

You have almost three weeks to complete this...so get collecting!

Mess Hall Food Drive 2016

We are taking a break from the Mess Hall Group Cookout for June. Instead we are having a food drive. I hope many of you will join in. It is very easy and simple for all of you to donate food to your local area food banks. Simply gather your food items, place them in a box or bag and deliver them to your favorite charity. If you don’t know one, look them up on the web for your city/town. If you are in a small community where there aren’t any, you can almost always find a local church that has a food pantry charity. I encourage you to actually donate food instead of money. That way we can tally a total of food weight donated. Just add up your total weight by looking at the weight on the food packaging. Also, a picture of the food items you are donating would be appreciated. If you can’t take a picture, a list of items is fine.

Here is a list of acceptable food items when donating to a food charity:

What items are requested most?

• peanut butter
  • canned chicken breast or tuna
  • canned low sodium vegetables
  • canned fruit in its own juice (no sugar added)
  • dry pinto beans
  • brown rice
  • non-fat dry milk powder
  • 100% whole grain cereal

What items are acceptable food items to donate?

• healthy, non-perishable food
  • items with intact, un-opened, consumer or commercial packaging
  • items with non-breakable packaging (no glass please)
  • food within the expiration date on the packaging

Let’s make this food drive great for 2016 and hard to beat for 2017.
Please join us in helping others who may not have food to eat.

-Aaron, Steward of the Mess Hall

Last edited:
Well the day is come and it is time to pick a winner.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/490976-Mess-Hall-Food-Drive-2016?p=8346278#post8346278

View attachment 669945

And that winner is me!

Yup, it looks like I am the only person that posted a link and a pic of what is being donated to my local food bank.

I am kind of bummed because I thought this would have got a lot more attention. But all is not lost...I get to keep a really good Shaving Cream and Aftershave Gel. On that note I hope all of you and your families have a great 4th of July!

Top Bottom