What's new

PIF Arrived/ Review

I received the winnings from cyotewhisper's PIF yesterday. I've had a little time to check out the winnings.

Brad included a few extras with the Hero pen and the Iroshizuku ink. He included a really nice velvet pen roll, a Sheaffer pen with an aerometric converter already filled with a really nice green ink, and a small Rhodia note pad. Here are my impressions of each item.

The Hero: This is a really fine nib. It lays down a very fine line, and is a very comfortable pen to write with. The nib is also quite smooth.

The Sheaffer: I don't know what model this is. but it is also a nice writing pen. It's a wetter writing pen than the Hero, and the build quality of this vintage Sheaffer is immediately evident. It's built like a tank, and it writes very well indeed.

The Iroshizuku tsuki-yo ink: From looking at reviews of this ink, I expected it to me more of a dark or midnight blue. It's actually more vibrant than that with some green or teal in it. It's a really nice flowing ink, dries pretty quickly, and looks incredible. I can see why people like these inks so much.

The Rhodia pad: What can I say about Rhodia paper. It's smooth and very fountain pen friendly. I have a couple other Rhodia pads in my stash already. This little jot-pad is a welcome addition to my small paper collection.

The pen roll: There are enough slots in this roll to hold 18 pens. I wonder if I'll ever build my collection to have so many. As it stands now, my total pen count is up to 5 thanks to Brad's generosity. This pen roll will come in handy for storing pens that are not in current use.

Thanks, Brad. This was a real treat!

$DSC_0001-2.jpg

Top Bottom