What's new

Photo of the Day

Thanks davent. That was just up in the Hockley Valley area. Nice rolling hills up there.

Billski, I really like that shot of the trees! It is surprisingly difficult (for me anyway) to get a good shot in an area like that, and you nailed it!

I did some portraiture of everyone's favorite sniveling Sith lord (and played around with different closeness/framing/apertures to see how that affects detail/sharpness with the macro lens). The figure is 3.5 inches tall, for scale. These are not cropped down.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
If you don't want to invest a lot of money right away, just get a Raynox.

I never knew such lens existed, thanks for pointing it out! Also great shots, I showed them to my teenage kids and you received instant "oooh" and "that's cool" comments!

I see there is a dcr-250 and a dcr-150, priced about $20 apart, so looks like the 250 would be the way to zoom in closer, especially if I attach it to the 55-200 kit lens, is there a down side to the 250 vs 150?

There of course is a downside, one is the depth of field. I have a 150, and even with that the depth of field is damn thin. I am sure it will be even thinner with 250. Also, these are clip-on lenses, and not weather sealed. You would want to keep them clean.

The good part is they are Japanese, so the optics are much better than general screw on variety. They are also super convenient, provided you have a pocket to keep them when not needed.

Please keep in mind, they fit on lenses only up to 67 mm diameter.

There of course is a downside, one is the depth of field. I have a 150, and even with that the depth of field is damn thin. I am sure it will be even thinner with 250. Please keep in mind, they fit on lenses only up to 67 mm diameter.

I completely forgot about the depth of field, thanks for the reminder! Also thanks for the heads up on the 67mm limit! Looks like I might be in to order a 150 as well.

Top Bottom