What's new

Photo of my Newly Acquired Barrister & Mann Collection

I went a little crazy, but these soaps are my favorite and the scents are amazing. To me the scents are so "real life". No other scents compare as they smell "processed" compared to B & M.

$WIN_20150304_185717.jpg

Previous to today:
$WIN_20150304_185611.jpg

What, no Latha?

But seriously, what a nice collection! I'll be there soon enough; B&M is probably my favorite line of soaps (though CRSW is making its case strongly). Though I don't like all the scents, and a few I'm culling out of my collection just to keep things streamlined, I already have three more B&M soaps arriving tomorrow (including Latha), plus I plan on getting Ferox and Rhapsody later this month, and probably his new baseball-themed Diamond soap after that. :thumbup1:

Edit to add: I'm envious of your Leviathan! I fell in love with my sample after it was already sold out. Luckily it's coming back this fall and I'll definitely be grabbing it then.

Last edited:
I feel the same way ... I love B&M. I have Leviathan, Lavanille, Clary Sage and Nocturne ... though I like the Nocturne the least of all

I have the Cheshire and Seville. Both perform excellently but the Cheshire just has such a classic smell. I'm going through a test run of a bunch of soaps to try to figure out which I like best. So far B&M is in the top 2.

Seville arriving in my mailbox today. My first full tub of B&M soap.

I, too, had a hard time deciding between Seville and Cheshire when I tried samples from Maggard's but eventually settled on the Seville.

Nice collection!

It's kind of hard to see in my pic, but in there it is Seville, Cheshire, Lime-Lavender-Cedarwood, Fireside, Winterspice, Lavanille, Unscented, Roam, Bayrum, and Levithan.

I tried the Winterspice this morning, just awesome lather. I only had to do one pass. I know on Barrister & Mann's website it cautions that this particular scent has caused irritation for a lot of people. I think it did make my skin slightly red during the shave, but I didn't feel any burning or anything.

Although I've yet to try the others, I love all the scents with the possible exception of Lime-Lavender-Cedarwood. I don't mind the scent, but find it some what simple compared to the others. I smell mostly cedarwood. Perhaps the scent will come off different during the shave though.

Roam is quite unique, I smell a wet moss by a damp tree trunk. hahaha. Not sure why I bought the unscented now as I don't see it getting much use!!

Last edited:
Well, I had my first shave with my newly arrived Seville this morning. Wow. I thought this soap was good when I tried the sample from Maggard's pressed into a 3-inch container. It's even BETTER in the nice 4-inch containers that it comes in!

I loaded it with a synthetic brush, which also might have helped some, but wow! this was a very nice, thick, unctuous lather. Smells amazing, too. A winner all the way around, and worth every penny I spent on it.

Well, I had my first shave with my newly arrived Seville this morning. Wow. I thought this soap was good when I tried the sample from Maggard's pressed into a 3-inch container. It's even BETTER in the nice 4-inch containers that it comes in!

I loaded it with a synthetic brush, which also might have helped some, but wow! this was a very nice, thick, unctuous lather. Smells amazing, too. A winner all the way around, and worth every penny I spent on it.

Glad you like it. Seville is probably my favorite B&M scent. Or is it Bay Rum? It might be Lime, Lavender, & Cedar. Or Seville. Or not. MY ENTHUSIASM IS BOUNDLESS.

More hard than soft I would say.

Not quite solid hard like say a L'Occitane Cade puck, but harder than Cella, Proraso, and RazoRock soaps. If I press hard, I could make a mark with my finger tips.

Silly question, perhaps, but are they hard soaps or "croaps"?

Top Bottom