What's new

Pereira Lather Bowl

I've got a Pereira bowl. It's just too large. I have to chase the lather in the bowl regardless if I have a large brush or not. The brush hits the sides of the bowl. In comparison the Fine lathering bowl is smaller, better designed, cheaper and a better bowl in every aspect but one: it's really ugly but I can live with that.

I don't find the Fine bowl ugly at all. In fact I think it's quite attractive.

But anyway, I've got my eye on the Pereira travel bowl. I may give that a shot once it's released.

I think Pereira's bowl works the best with the Fine bowl coming in as a close second. They are two great bowls but I like the fact that the Pereira bowl is unbreakable and won't break my sink if I drop it.

For those that are interested, West Coast Shaving has the Pereira lather bowl in stock in that cool looking red. This bowl is a little pricey but worth every penny. This bowl makes lather like magic. My favorite by far.
1612371759417.png
1612371759417.png

Hello all,

I recently experimented with my Pereira Shavery Unbreakable Bowl using a badger brush for the first time, having previously only used synthetics and boars. After my initial shave, I observed something concerning: some of the hairs, particularly those farthest from the center of the knot, seemed to be trying to separate from the knot itself. The circular movements against the bowl's textured interior led me to wonder if, over time, this might potentially compromise the knot's integrity. After drying and toweling, some hairs in the knot appeared to be distancing themselves from the center, as if declaring independence.

Considering the bowl's design, with its ridges and contours meant to aid in lather creation, I'm curious about the potential long-term effects on the durability and overall health of a badger brush. As a precaution, I've decided to designate one particular brush for exclusive use with this bowl to monitor for any changes.

I'm reaching out to gather your thoughts and experiences on using the Pereira bowl with badger brushes over an extended period. Have you noticed any wear or damage to your knots that could be attributed to the bowl's design? Do you take any specific precautions to minimize potential harm, or do you believe the concern to be minimal?

Your insights and experiences are greatly appreciated, especially from those who have been navigating this setup for a while. It's about finding the balance between enjoying the superior lather the bowl facilitates and preserving the longevity of our cherished badger brushes.

Looking forward to your thoughts, and thank you in advance for your contributions!

Top Bottom