What's new

Paul Bocuse, Celebrated French Chef, Dies at 91

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
proxy.php
Wow...what a culinary career (he influenced me to start 'behind the pianos'),..."Paul Bocuse is dead. Gastronomy is in mourning. Mister Paul was France. Simplicity and generosity. Excellence and the art of living. The Pope of gourmets is leaving us."

By Laura Smith-Spark and James Gray - CNN - 20 Jan 18

"Paul Bocuse, a renowned chef credited with transforming French cuisine, has died at age 91, the French interior minister said Saturday.

Bocuse was among the key figures in the creation of French nouvelle cuisine [french for 'new cuisine'...which a approach to cooking and food presentation in French cuisine. In contrast to cuisine classique, an older form of haute cuisine, nouvelle cuisine is characterized by lighter, more delicate dishes and an increased emphasis on presentation].

He earned a coveted third Michelin star in 1965 and was named Chef of the Century by the prominent Gault Millau restaurant guide in 1987.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Paul Bocuse.jpg

Paul Bocuse in the kitchen at L’Auberge du Pont de Collonges, his three-star restaurant near Lyon, France, in 2012. His signature dishes not only pleased the palate; they also seduced the eye and piqued the imagination.

His restaurant, the Auberge du Pont de Collonges, near Lyon, has now held its three Michelin stars for a half century [an awesome 53yrs]. A truffle soup and sea bass stuffed in a puff pastry shell are among Bocuse's signature dishes there.

Bocuse was made a Commander of the Legion of Honor, one of France's highest civilian awards, in 2004.

Paul Bocuse. - 1.jpg

President Valéry Giscard d’Estaing awarded Mr. Bocuse with the French Legion of Honor in Paris in 1975.

French President Emmanuel Macron paid tribute to Bocuse as the "epitome of French cuisine" in a statement released by the Elysée Palace.

"His name alone summed up French gastronomy in its generosity, its respect for tradition but also its inventiveness," Macron said.

Bocuse was loyal to his roots and to his friends in the world of gastronomy, Macron said. He also trained generations of French and foreign chefs, letting them in on the secrets of his culinary genius.

Paul Bocuse. - 2.jpg

Paul Bocuse’s Tattoo Selfie Is Just Outstanding. One of our customers in France showing off his Tattoo. Proud to be French.

"Today French gastronomy is losing a mythical figure that profoundly transformed it," he added. "The chefs cry in their kitchens, at the Elysée and everywhere in France. But they will continue his work."

Paul Bocuse. - 3.jpg

A mural of Mr. Bocuse was painted in Lyon in 2015. Despite his international status, the chef remained deeply rooted in his native soil.

Works Cited: Chef Paul Bocuse

May he Rest in Peace & God Bless and Keep Him!

proxy.php
"There's no such thing as good cuisine if it is not prepared out of friendship". Chef Paul Bocuse

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
RIP. I hope, one day, to visit his country. Nobody takes food as seriously as the French.

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Culinarians:
chef-jpg.791375
Ah...I remember 'back then' when I was young thinking and wishing about traveling to and/around Europe (like all young cooks thinking of 'inspiration'...a 'spark'...a 'all-round' culinary 'vagabond'...or in French kitchen lingo espire to be at least a Chef de Tournant (Relief Chef: this term describes the chef in the kitchen (Brigade de Cuisine), who provides help to all the different cooks rather than having a specific job), making 'my bones' working almost 'pro :idea:bono' just to get the necessary work experience in the Regional cuisines and culture in some the 'exalted' kitchens of the 'best' Chefs on
the continent.
proxy.php

chef-1-jpg.803329
"A life worth eating". Chef Paul Bocuse

Last edited:

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Culinarians:
chef-jpg.791375
Ah...I remember 'back then' when I was young thinking and wishing about traveling to and/around Europe (like all young cooks thinking of 'inspiration'...a 'spark'...a 'all-round' culinary 'vagabond'...or in French kitchen lingo espire to be at least a Chef de Tournant (Relief Chef: this term describes the chef in the kitchen (Brigade de Cuisine), who provides help to all the different cooks rather than having a specific job), making 'my bones' working almost 'pro :idea:bono' just to get the necessary work experience in the Regional cuisines and culture in some the 'exalted' kitchens of the 'best' Chefs on the continent.
proxy.php

[Paul is now cooking in Heaven in his Brigade...the bastion of his French roots!]

proxy.php
"A life worth eating". Chef Paul Bocuse

Top Bottom