What's new

Parker Safety Razor's

Look here, nothing WRONG with Parkers, that's what I started on and I was fine with it for 4 years. BUT for just a few dollars more you can get an Edwin Jagger DE89. I think the DE89 is much smoother and better built, also heavier. After buying a Parker you may find yourself looking for a DE89 anyway.

I have a DE89 and my 26C is heavier. And I would even be so brazen to say its of at least the same build quality. As always, YMMV, but I get a better shave from the 26C as well.

EDIT TO ADD: Edwin Jagger DE89L=76g Parker 26C=91g

Last edited:
Been shaving for only 2 months and bought a Parker 99r. I did end up also acquiring a no date code Gillette Super Speed, a 58 Super Speed and just got a Fat Handle Tech in the mail. Only problem I had/have with the 99r (which I used this morning) is that I think it's a gateway drug for what I have seen to be called ADs.
Won't go into the soap/cream/aftershave/brush/and blades it had lead to.

Was supposed to be a cheaper way to shave as SWMBO (another thing I picked up here - the phrase not the woman) keeps reminding me ...lol

Hahaha... well, I just noticed that I made the rookie mistake of not looking at the date of the OP. This particular one is from 2009. Hopefully a few other folks can take something away from this, though. :blushing:

Hahaha... well, I just noticed that I made the rookie mistake of not looking at the date of the OP. This particular one is from 2009. Hopefully a few other folks can take something away from this, though. :blushing:

Nothing wrong with that. You might just convince someone to buy one which they would probably like.

I have the Parker 99r and it shaves great for me....I have a 1960 fatboy being replated right now and I will be getting a EJ DE 89 barley, but my Parker will retain it's spot in my rotation.

Go vintage all the way. You're going to go there anyway, so save the Parker money and the looking time and go vintage out of the box. Depending on your age, it's pretty cool to shave with a razor from your birth year and quarter.

Interesting old thread. OP Pureslab is Greg Kahn in his newbie days before he founded iKon Razors. I own many iKons but no Parkers......

**bump** I just tried a parker safety razor for my first time today...they are more aggressive than I anticipated.

They are just about the most aggressive solid bar DE razor you can buy. The 3 piece ones anyway. I find them to be very smooth also. My favorite razor is a Parker 94R. I just love it.

$Parker 94R.jpg

Started DE shaving last Christmas and have used the 99R TTO since day one. Works very well for me, but I haven't owned another razor with which to compare it.

Ha! What are the chances of that happening? Some time ago I was telling my wife, a gentleman somewhere on this planet is probably shaving with the same setup I'm using. I wonder if he had as good a shave as I did?
View attachment 459112
Today's shave:thumbup:.

The 94R is a great razor. Funny I bought it originally because I liked the handle. When I first looked at the blade gap on it it almost scared me. After I used it I loved it. As I said it's aggressive but smooth.

Started DE shaving last Christmas and have used the 99R TTO since day one. Works very well for me, but I haven't owned another razor with which to compare it.

Come on, it's time you joined the RAD club (razor acquisition disorder) and buy another razor. Ha!

I understand that the TTO Parkers are garbage. I don't have one, though.

I do have the Parker three piece 91R. This is a well-made razor, but it's too aggressive for a newbie. The blade gap is so wide that you can get a very close shave, rinse off the razor and take it to the kitchen to slice meat.

So, like the others have said, get a Merk Classic or HD or a vintage Gillette.

I started with a Parker 3 piece as well, and I almost gave up because it was so aggressive on my face. I received a EJDE89 Barley Chrome for my birthday, and it was so much better and pleasurable.

The Parker seemed to be well made, just too aggressive for a beginner. Probably too aggressive for me at any point.

they are oc razors, but i feel i must recommend a 24c or 26c. I believe they are the newest offerings from parker, and they are dynamite. I have the black handled one (26c), and it shaves like a dream; efficient, smooth, and comfortable. I would recommend this oc for a beginner as well as a seasoned vet - the heft, fit, and finish are on the same level as muhle razors, and it is a joy to use. Read this thread for some more detailed information, as well as the thoughts of others on this razor.

^^^this^^^

Top Bottom