What's new

Pairing with Tabac (and what else smells of Tabac soap)

Some that I believe are in the same vein as Tabac are:
Avon Oland
Mandom
Pinaud Special Reserve
Old Spice Burley
English Leather
Avon Leather
Aramis

And some I think follow Tabac well are:
Yardley
Sandalwood
Old Spice
Clubman
Bay rum
Lilac Vegetal
This man knows his aftershaves!

I have a puck of Pre de Provence 63. A description of the fragrance:
  • Masculine fragrance with a peppery, citrus top note rounded by woody cedar wood, juicy plum and violet leaves that finish into an ambery base of leather and tobacco.
I use Tabac EdC as a follow up. I think it pairs well.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I think Avon's Wild Country and Bootlegger's El Dorado make excellent pairings with Tabac shave soap.

« Tabac » is very floral & slightly spiced (peppery, carnation). Aside the corresponologne I suggest an ambered lavender ; a carnation cologne could do the job (e.g. Santa Maria Novella garofano, verify it is not too feminine). Though very different, why not Old Spice or Habit Rouge.

Enjoy your shave.

I have a puck of Pre de Provence 63. A description of the fragrance:
  • Masculine fragrance with a peppery, citrus top note rounded by woody cedar wood, juicy plum and violet leaves that finish into an ambery base of leather and tobacco.
I use Tabac EdC as a follow up. I think it pairs well.

I've got the PdP 63 to follow tabac when it is finished. It's definitely less powdery and more woodsy than tabac. Initially I liked it better - before I warmed up to tabac.

from what I understand, Aqua Velva Ice Blue is a good match.

1. Top Note: Bergamot, Lavender, Peppermint, Petitgrain, Lemon
  2. Heart Notes: Clary Sage, Jasmin, Vetiver, Sandal, Cedarwood
  3. Base notes: Labdanum, Musk, Amber, Moss, Leather

Last edited:
I'm back to add another - Alt Innsbruck. Absolutely perfect as an AS to follow up a Tabac shave. I've been pairing it for a month or so now and it's just magic. I find Alt Innsbruck really soothing as well. If I have the odd irritation, Alt Innsbruck knocks it on the head quick smart.

Top Bottom