What's new

Order from Aliexpress

So, I ordered a couple of Jinhao 80 (F) pens from Aliexpress, for 3 bucks apiece. While I was shopping, I added a 100-count box/jar of 2.6mm black-blue carts for another 6 dollars.

The pens arrived within a couple (few?) weeks, and I patiently waited for the ink (which doesn't fit the 80, I found out 😆). Anyway, my ink carts seemed to get stuck in customs, or somewhere, tracking was sketchy, and I wasn't really in a hurry...it's ink after all.

Approximately two weeks after the pens, my ink arrived today. I ordered this:

51EcoKjmV5L._AC_SL1024_.jpg

...and got this:

20240501_142930.jpg

...a near empty container (12 carts) of the wrong color.

I'm not sure if the container was tampered with, but there was no seal as seen in the top picture, so someone at customs may be using my other 88 cartridges.

I'm off to Amazon, wish me luck. 😄😄😄

So, I ordered a couple of Jinhao 80 (F) pens from Aliexpress, for 3 bucks apiece. While I was shopping, I added a 100-count box/jar of 2.6mm black-blue carts for another 6 dollars.

The pens arrived within a couple (few?) weeks, and I patiently waited for the ink (which doesn't fit the 80, I found out 😆). Anyway, my ink carts seemed to get stuck in customs, or somewhere, tracking was sketchy, and I wasn't really in a hurry...it's ink after all.

Approximately two weeks after the pens, my ink arrived today. I ordered this:

View attachment 1839085

...and got this:

View attachment 1839089

...a near empty container (12 carts) of the wrong color.

I'm not sure if the container was tampered with, but there was no seal as seen in the top picture, so someone at customs may be using my other 88 cartridges.

I'm off to Amazon, wish me luck. 😄😄😄
Oh my well that is certainly not 100 and returns are probably a bit shall we say challenging. Now you mentioned you got some Jinhao 80's. These are probably my favorite Jinhao fountain pens and they even sell them in Ultra Fine. The pen has some design features that makes me think Lamy 2000, which s probably why I like them. Very nice pens though.

Don't get your hopes up about getting your money back or them sending a replacement. Once they flat out never sent the item I ordered...perhaps because it was extremely discounted and the mechanism they have in place to get around the discounts failed? In any case, they gave the usual runaround when I tried to dispute it.

First attempt "please be patient"
Second attempt "please be patient"
Third attempt "please be patient"
Fourth attempt: "Your 30 day window to dispute an order has passed. In the future please send a dispute within 30 days"

The usual garbage Chinese nonsense.

Last edited:
...and returns are probably a bit shall we say challenging.

For sure...I just went to the 'zon and ordered 100 of the blue/black for twice the price ($12).

Now you mentioned you got some Jinhao 80's. These are probably my favorite Jinhao fountain pens and they even sell them in Ultra Fine. The pen has some design features that makes me think Lamy 2000, which s probably why I like them. Very nice pens though.

It was one of your posts that made me curious about the 80. I'm generally an M nib guy, but for 3 bucks the F seemed worth a shot. I haven't inked one up yet, but I like the look, feel, and size of the pen. It does look like the Lamy.

Anyway, worst outcome (other than my Amazon order getting ransacked 😆) is that I gift the 80s to friends or family.

Don't get your hopes up about getting your money back or them sending a replacement. Once they flat out never sent the item I ordered...perhaps because it was extremely discounted and the mechanism they have in place to get around the discounts failed? In any case, they gave the usual runaround when I tried to dispute it.

First attempt "please be patient"
Second attempt "please be patient"
Third attempt "please be patient"
Fourth attempt: "Your 30 day window to dispute an order has passed. In the future please send a dispute within 30 days"

The usual garbage Chinese nonsense.

Oh, I knew the moment I opened the package that I had kissed that 6 bucks goodbye. I never even considered a return.

For sure...I just went to the 'zon and ordered 100 of the blue/black for twice the price ($12).

It was one of your posts that made me curious about the 80. I'm generally an M nib guy, but for 3 bucks the F seemed worth a shot. I haven't inked one up yet, but I like the look, feel, and size of the pen. It does look like the Lamy.

Anyway, worst outcome (other than my Amazon order getting ransacked 😆) is that I gift the 80s to friends or family.

Lamy nibs (other than the 2000) can be swapped onto the Jinhao 80. I put a 1.5mm stub on. Works just fine

@gpjoe,

Regarding the ink cartridges from AliExpress, you should file a complaint with AliExpress. State your case: you ordered 100 cartridges and received a dozen. Tell AliExpress that you want a full refund (or, if you're feeling generous, 90% refund). It's been my experience that AliExpress sides with the customer when you can demonstrate that the merchant didn't deliver what was ordered. I've successfully disputed the wrong color of pen, for example.

@gpjoe,

Regarding the ink cartridges from AliExpress, you should file a complaint with AliExpress. State your case: you ordered 100 cartridges and received a dozen. Tell AliExpress that you want a full refund (or, if you're feeling generous, 90% refund). It's been my experience that AliExpress sides with the customer when you can demonstrate that the merchant didn't deliver what was ordered. I've successfully disputed the wrong color of pen, for example.

I pulled the envelope from the trash and noticed some "official" USPS tape, covering a slit in the envelope, that said "Received in damaged condition".

It seems that someone slit the envelope, helped themselves to the contents, and sent the package on its way. There was no damage to the package contents, the plastic jar was in perfect condition, with no cracks, not even a dent.

I don't fault the seller...under what I consider suspicious circumstances...and honestly, it isn't worth the hassle over 6 dollars.

Top Bottom