What's new

Opinions on Zeepk razors?

While you're on the subject, I've seen the same type of pricing on eBay for Master USA and Kriegar razors. I've seen reviews of the Kriegars (nothing good), but nothing on the Master USA. Any info would be appreciated. Right now, I'm using a Sheffield steel razor (brand TBD), and trying to rehab a #14 Filarmonica I bought on eBay.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
While you're on the subject, I've seen the same type of pricing on eBay for Master USA and Kriegar razors. I've seen reviews of the Kriegars (nothing good), but nothing on the Master USA. Any info would be appreciated. Right now, I'm using a Sheffield steel razor (brand TBD), and trying to rehab a #14 Filarmonica I bought on eBay.

Welcome! Your sheffield is no doubt going to be miles ahead of all those brands you were talking about, pretty much regardless of the brand, and ditto for the Filly. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the welcome. I got the Sheffield from my Dad, who never used it as far as I can determine. I honed it on a Hard Arkansas, followed by a Black Arkansas and then stropping (Col. Conk via Lehmans). I put it back on the Black Arkansas every couple of weeks, and it is just getting better and better. I'm still unable to get the Filly back to shaving sharp. However, I read the thread on honing and am going to change tactics. I'd been making myself nuts trying to build a burr on the blade before moving to finer stones like I do with my knives. Now, I think I'll just go with the Arkansas hones and then strop the hell out of it and see if that works. Great site, BTW.

Top Bottom