What's new

Opinions on Zeepk razors?

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I see razors on eBay offered by a company (?) called Zeepk. They're selling them dirt cheap. I smell crap-o-la, but wonder if anyone out there has actually used a Zeepk or has heard relieable stories about them??

Everything that has used one will tell you that they are indeed absolute crap. The steel that they use is of VERY poor quality and will not take a quality edge. The edge that it does take will break off within a few strokes on your face. Save your money and buy a shave ready razor from a seller with a good reputation.

I think you translated it correctly! Zeepk translates into crap-o-la! PM me if you want a couple of contacts for a beginners razor. And no, I don't sell razors!

Randy

I'm using one to hone my honing skills. you can probably open letters with one or maybe use it to threaten door-to-door salesmen or cut butter/other foodstuffs. I tried to heat treat mine (red hot then straight into cool water and then heated to 250 celsius and allowed to cool slowly. don't think it made any appreciable difference) but haven't bothered to get the edge back. Wouldn't shave with one though, not unless you plan on getting scars.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Heh heh heh. Thanks, guys. I'm glad to see that my uninformed opinion was dead on the mark. I'll stick to my Twins, Dubl Ducks, W&Bs, Fillys, and so forth.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I'll confess to being one of the poor slobs who wasted a pound on one of those box cutters. :crying:

Interesting, only yesterday I used one to cut up some cardboard boxes for recycling. I think we need a thread based on what you can actually do with a zeepk. Now, time to peel those carrots!

letter openers
apple slicers
box cutters
it may peel an orange...maybe!!!
sticker scraper
butter,mayo,mustard spreader

Raf

Having bought one myself, I think people aren't giving it enough credit.
If you scrape hard enough a Zeepk can pull out some beard hairs.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Not a bad idea...might want to get it rescaled first though.

I was thinking of buying one, having it rescaled, and then having an old W&B blade inserted instead of the original blade. It'll be a mighty fine razor when I'm done!!

Top Bottom