What's new

Only taken me 30 odd years....

To enter and use a studio!

Seriously, a portrait photographer that's never got frustrated with a Bowens S, or restricted to x-sync speeds?

Anyway, a nearby studio holds monthly networking. I'm at a loose end and find out it's last night. So, comb my remaining hair, charge the old batteries and set off.

Two models, 5 photographers. Infinity cove studio with mixed lighting, secondary with coloured backdrop. Close to location is a set of canal locks, providing a nice outdoor location, especially in the warm light of the setting soon. So, how did I do? Shooting with both the A7ii and A6000 as back up, 85mm f1.8 as lens of choice.

_DSC3544s-copy.jpg
DSC01250-copy.jpg
_DSC3548-copy.jpg
DSC01200a-copy.jpg

Thanks Cash - never remember which you've seen on instagram!

Jess really suited the light, romantic mono look!
DSC01219-copy1.jpg
DSC01250-copy1.jpg

BSA, yeah, the other half ain't keen on ink on the female form, but heck, I love the colour and character!

Carl, you knock it out of the park. Really.

Your images are stunning and pop with sharpness, color and contrast. The composition is spot on. You are a people photographer bar none. Thank you sir for your amazing contributions here.

Thanks chaps again.

It's been a while since I'd shot any real portraits. Musicians yes, but in your face no. Nice to shake the cobwebs off!
Carl

Top Bottom