What's new

One of the most beautiful razors ever.on its way!

The other style of head on the 1930's Aristocrats is similar to the head style on the Gillette Senator. I've seen Sheratons with that style head too. I've also seen two different head styles on the Sheraton. The other style of Aristocrat head has the split end caps fastening directly to the silo door hinge as a pin would. Just like a Senator. I hope this input helps.

That is a great help. Thanx!

I have a 1936 Aristocrat, and I have a 1937/38 gold Sheraton (which I understand equates to a nickel (?) 1937/38 Senator). The head mechanism and the head geometry of my 1936 Aristocrat appears identical to my Sheraton. I never realized that. What a small world! Or to say it another way, the Sheraton appears to me to be a 1936 Aristocrat with a narrower and lighter weight handle. And I think the gold is not as thick on the Sheraton. However, the Sheraton seems to be a smoother shaver than the Aristocrat. That might be explained by the belief that lighter weight and less physical substance tends to make a razor more mild, other factors being equal.

The mysteries of vintage safety razors have no end!

Last edited:
Top Bottom