What's new

Omega 11648

I just ordered the omega 11648. Anyone had any experience with this brush? I've never used a boar brush.
Thanks

I have had this brush for over a year. It is a decent brush. It has a 21mm knot with a short loft under 50mm. I would say it has medium density and backbone. It works better with creams than it does with soaps for me. I have other Omega boars with better backbone which work better with soaps. The tips soften with use. The ergonomics of the handle are fine, it is comfotable to hold and well sized. It doesn't hold great volumes of lather but at 21mm and medium density that shouldn't be expected. I like Omega short loft badger knots. That said, I don't like their cheap plastic handles. I rehandle every plastic handle Omega I own. It improves the shave experience. I hope you like the brush.

If you are looking for something with more density and backbone the Omega 80005 is an option and it has a better quality wood handle. The Omega 40033 has more density and backbone but a plastic handle. I rehandled the 40033 with a better quality handle and it works very well with soaps , creams, face lathering and bowl lathering.

Top Bottom