What's new

Old Spice Again!

I agree that aftershaves have been getting weaker. My SB from last year (barely used it) is definitely more alcoholic, significantly weaker in scent concentration. Aqua Velva I haven't purchased that recently, maybe 6 or 7 years ago, so can't quite comment on that one. Personally feel that Old Spice aftershave was rather weak for years but the cologne had stayed potent enough to be wearable for a day. BTW I don't see a weaker Aqua Velva as a bad thing per say. That one is "fresh" but in an old-school way that in my humble opinion works better in a lighter mode. The only one that hasn't been weakened is Brut. I've been using the aftershave and "splash on" which I wore today. The aftershave is excellent and robust, and the splash-on was applied at six this morning, and I can still smell it on me and my clothes at ten as I write this. Also my girlfriend asked me what the cologne was ten minutes after I applied it when she walked into the room I'd applied it in (by that point I was in another part of the house). She was surprised when I told her, and I was surprised she asked. That would never have happened with the previous Brut splash-on. So that one is going the opposite direction, maybe the only one!

I bought it a a couple of years back thinking it was still the same. I remember my dad using it after he shaved. Unfortunately, it not the same. Very few products have remained unchanged.

Besides reducing costs, many of the reformulations have been done to allow them be filled in plastic bottles, which was also a cost reduction. Yet, prices continue to go up. What a time to be alive.

Top Bottom